LShulan

Replacement rocker switches?

On my (new to me) 2003 Signature 320, most of the rocker switches at the helm are so worn, that it is impossible to read their functions.   I have figured out most but would like to have them be readable, any info on replacing them with their correct functions?

39 minutes ago, LShulan said:

On my (new to me) 2003 Signature 320, most of the rocker switches at the helm are so worn, that it is impossible to read their functions.   I have figured out most but would like to have them be readable, any info on replacing them with their correct functions?

The snap on covers are available, and the switch itself is likely fine. Call Cecil Marine. Per link below

http://www.cecilmarineonline.com/chaparral-boat-parts/

Wingnut - thanks very much for the info, appreciate it.  They are pretty expensive though (I was going to replace all.  I wonder if any other source that may be cheaper ?

I wound up buying new switch covers from New Wire Marine.  The original covers were around $5 each but I upgraded to laser etched which are around $8 but will require new holes (I’m replacing the entire dash panel so not a problem) as their shape is slightly different and therefore slightly wider.  They also sell for $4 the removal tool.  

On 10/1/2019 at 3:36 AM, LShulan said:

I wound up buying new switch covers from New Wire Marine.  The original covers were around $5 each but I upgraded to laser etched which are around $8 but will require new holes (I’m replacing the entire dash panel so not a problem) as their shape is slightly different and therefore slightly wider.  They also sell for $4 the removal tool.  

Sounds like a good choice. Got any pics?

A neighbor here in Florida who's boat lift is next to mine told me about a place in Daytona Beach called Surplus Unlimited. We were out boat shopping so we took a ride there. They sell new stuff like any marine store, and have some used boat parts and some new OEM stuff too. What caught my eye was the complete, wired dash panels and gauge sets to include rocker switches, gauges, wiring harness, and the like. Many vintage hard to find units still in the box. I pent an hour there and did not buy anything but if you are looking for something strange, they just may have it.   W

613 West International Speedway Blvd.  386-252-5019

http://www.surplusunlimited.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

My dash is in pieces now in my garage, working with NEWWIREMARINE.COM who sold me the switches and they are building the three new panels that comprise my dash as I’m not only replacing the switches but also upgrading electronics, radio etc. and have holes that won’t be covered by the more modern equipment plus the panels were really ratty. I’d suggest you go to their site and see the switch covers and also their dash replacementS, mine will be heavily customized so will be sending them templates. I don’t have pricing yet as I’m still scoping out everything but they say they will make cutouts for everything including the switches with their new covers.  I’ll post pictures as this saga continues but I’ve attached a “Before” picture for reference

68383000-CFE2-4C2A-8B35-E1BD65EDFB0C.jpeg

HELP - Anyone have a list and or photo of the line of rocker switches. This is what I can see on my 2001 Sig 300.

This is what I can read for my rocker covers, wish to order new set. HELP me out, please.

1- AFT/Bilge ?

2- Forward bilge

3-Horn

4-Nav / Anchored

5-Courtest lights

6-Wiper

7-Depth Finder

8-Water Pressure

9-Stereo

10-Sump Pump

11-Engine room light

12-Port ( Tim ) 

13- Star (Trim )

13 hours ago, Miss Emma said:

HELP - Anyone have a list and or photo of the line of rocker switches. This is what I can see on my 2001 Sig 300.

This is what I can read for my rocker covers, wish to order new set. HELP me out, please.

1- AFT/Bilge ?

2- Forward bilge

3-Horn

4-Nav / Anchored

5-Courtest lights

6-Wiper

7-Depth Finder

8-Water Pressure

9-Stereo

10-Sump Pump

11-Engine room light

12-Port ( Tim ) 

13- Star (Trim )

https://www.carlingtech.com/marine    

Start here, Identify yours in their catalog, and then search the web via part number. Cecil Marine in Williamstown NJ has them in stock and can ship to you direct.   W