Sign in to follow this  
Gapple12

2006 246 SSI Toilet

I am looking for a hinge set for the toilet in my 2006 246 SSI toilet seat. So far all I can find is the whole toilet and all i need is the two hinges. Its the pump out toilet built into boat. 

I emailed Cecil Marine and they shot me a link to aqua star distributors and they sell the whole new toilet lid for the VaccuFlush, but they dont sell the hinges. 

Undo the hinges & seat assembly...…….. Take it to a FULL service plumbers supply company..  They will get replacement hinges.  Bet on it.

No hardware or Lowes / H D places.  Plumbers supply place.

How much is the new lid.. I've found that some times you have to buy more than you need. I can't see the seat and hinges costing more that 20 bucks.....

I opened a thread on this: 

ghMNCEm.jpg

I could either patch it, make the exact duplicate hinge out of PVC but I went to either Lowes or Home Depot I think it was and bought only the seat cover.  Took the hinge with me to match the closest one they had and found one made of brushed nickel and swapped them and they work perfectly.  Try that, nothing to lose since you probably visit Home Depot all the time for other things.  They do sell the seats with the hinges separately and are relatively cheap.  I think I paid $26 for mine?  Sorry don't have a pic with final results but I'll get one.  You can go to a plumbing supply house but they sell the same toilets TOTTO, KOHLER, AMERICA STANDARD etc.  

13 hours ago, Phillbo said:

How much is the new lid.. I've found that some times you have to buy more than you need. I can't see the seat and hinges costing more that 20 bucks.....

Around $60 I think 

3 hours ago, Hatem said:

I opened a thread on this: 

ghMNCEm.jpg

I could either patch it, make the exact duplicate hinge out of PVC but I went to either Lowes or Home Depot I think it was and bought only the seat cover.  Took the hinge with me to match the closest one they had and found one made of brushed nickel and swapped them and they work perfectly.  Try that, nothing to lose since you probably visit Home Depot all the time for other things.  They do sell the seats with the hinges separately and are relatively cheap.  I think I paid $26 for mine?  Sorry don't have a pic with final results but I'll get one.  You can go to a plumbing supply house but they sell the same toilets TOTTO, KOHLER, AMERICA STANDARD etc.  

Excellent, I will do that and see what I can match up.