vanhalen80

shrink wrap on boat for wisconsin winter?

9 hours ago, Hatem said:

Holy macaroni, bro, this thing must've weighed about 150lbs getting it out of the box.  This is for you and also @MonkeySeaII (you and I spoke about a full cover to go over the entire boat including the radar arch on another thread and I posted the pic of it prior to them shipping it to me and you said "wow, that thing is huge" but I couldn't find that thread at all, even though I made a huge effort to find it but hopefully you get the tag cuz I wanted you to see it as well as @951Tom, of course. 

Well, is was a #$%$&$% bear and a half.  Worst part was getting it over the arch.  I had to take off my radar but I do that every winterization anyway and tape the wire plug & play ends just to protect them, but there is a boot or stem or whatever you want to call it that stays up there for the radar radome to sit on and no need to take that off but I know that had a lot to do with not being able to slide the son of a #$%#$ over that arch easily.  So I had to get under it, push it up with one of my canvas support sticks (with the bottom rubber end) and then pull it forward.  But still, it was a biatcha to the point where I might've pulled it too far forward but it was getting ready to snow in minutes so I just wanted to finish it and then I'll come back and straighten her out better.

Hopefully the cost of this will pay for itself instead of having to shrink wrap it every year.  But putting this massive and super heavy cover was not an easy procedure so let's hope once I fully straighten it out to cover everything correctly, it will do the job and save a lot of $ going forward.  I had them make a zipper door for me in the back so I can still get in.

q7VINnc.jpg

Looks nice, having a zipper door is a great idea, you never know when you might have to get inside for one reason or another.

Does it fully cover the swim platform, it looks a little short in the photo?

Denny.

7 hours ago, 951Tom said:

Looks real nice Hatem and looks to be a perfect fit. It will definitely pay for itself so you made right choice. I broke even after my 2nd winter so no regrets here. 

I don't know how they fit that thing in that box it came in.  I like the pockets it has inside it for the 3 2x4s to hold it up.  I was surprised what a difference those made once I slid them in because it was sagging big time before I put them in.

6 hours ago, Denny said:

Looks nice, having a zipper door is a great idea, you never know when you might have to get inside for one reason or another.

Does it fully cover the swim platform, it looks a little short in the photo?

Denny.

No, like I mentioned, I pulled it too far forward you can even see the little bit of slack below the bow.  I need to pull it back but it was getting really cold and my hands were frozen so I just left it for now.  Gotta get up above the arch and pull that slack backwards.

20 hours ago, Hatem said:

Holy macaroni, bro, this thing must've weighed about 150lbs getting it out of the box.  This is for you and also @MonkeySeaII (you and I spoke about a full cover to go over the entire boat including the radar arch on another thread and I posted the pic of it prior to them shipping it to me and you said "wow, that thing is huge" but I couldn't find that thread at all, even though I made a huge effort to find it but hopefully you get the tag cuz I wanted you to see it as well as @951Tom, of course. 

Well, is was a #$%$&$% bear and a half.  Worst part was getting it over the arch.  I had to take off my radar but I do that every winterization anyway and tape the wire plug & play ends just to protect them, but there is a boot or stem or whatever you want to call it that stays up there for the radar radome to sit on and no need to take that off but I know that had a lot to do with not being able to slide the son of a #$%#$ over that arch easily.  So I had to get under it, push it up with one of my canvas support sticks (with the bottom rubber end) and then pull it forward.  But still, it was a biatcha to the point where I might've pulled it too far forward but it was getting ready to snow in minutes so I just wanted to finish it and then I'll come back and straighten her out better.

Hopefully the cost of this will pay for itself instead of having to shrink wrap it every year.  But putting this massive and super heavy cover was not an easy procedure so let's hope once I fully straighten it out to cover everything correctly, it will do the job and save a lot of $ going forward.  I had them make a zipper door for me in the back so I can still get in.

q7VINnc.jpg

that thing is huge!  Can't even imagine trying to wrestle that on!  I have enough trouble getting my full cover on that goes around the arch.  There are lots of expletives every time I put the full cover on!  Mainly because I put it over my cockpit cover so I can't do it from inside the boat.  But my girl sleeps inside so I don't have to worry about snow