rpmurray

Chaparral 220 SSi Windshield doesn't line up

57 minutes ago, rpmurray said:

How can you move just the top of the windshield forward?  The window is all one piece, all the way around to the sides.  Additionally, the fronts are mounted with a support post that is not adjustable.  Please tell me if there is a way to do that.  I bought the boat with the bimini strap anchors there.  I'm not sure why they are there.  Unfortunately, that is currently where the straps anchor, but I was thinking of relocating them to the normal position on the side in front of the windshield.  I figured they would get in my way when I'm driving the boat.  

I can't get a bigger boat, but I can get a newer boat if the price is right.  I think this one will do me for a couple years.

As I and others have stated, you need to back out the screws or bolts that hold the front portion of the windshield, (not the sides).

Do not take them all of the way out.

From inside of the boat, push forward on the tops of the windshield,and look at the bottoms to see if anything is bent or broken.

Denny.

The reason the bimini anchors are on the windshield frame rather than in front of it is so that you can put in the "window" that zips to the bimini and snaps to the window frame.  If you relocate the strap anchors to the fiberglass you wouldn't be able to use that window.  It is nice to have when you get caught in a storm far from dock.  

On 10/4/2019 at 8:59 PM, rpmurray said:

Just bought a 2003 220 SSi.  When I close the center windshield, it doesn't line up properly with the starboard side windshield.  It's about an inch lower.  As a result, it hits the fiberglass at the bottom and has worn it away a little.  Is there an adjustment I can make?  I tried loosening the screws at the four corners of the glass frame, and tried shifting it a little, but I didn't budge.  I don't know if that's because of all the seals and rubber, or just because the shape of the glass will not allow it.  Should there be some room for adjustment?  I didn't want to force it and risk breaking the glass.  Could it be the way it was assembled?  I couldn't imagine Chaparral building it like that.  Is there anything else I can try?  The hinge side seems ok.  Both sides line up edge to edge, just about an inch too low on the stbd side if that makes sense.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks!

Just checking in to see how your project is coming along.

Denny.