Toddavid

2019 is a wrap

Jam packed with boating.

Was out every weekend since April 15.

Even did 3 weeks at Lake George this year, out every day except two rainy ones.

Here’s some of my favorite photos from this past season. Hope yours was great, too.

ADP7vRy.jpg

4uXdY7m.jpg

DtdSD4y.jpg

0EdjPhF.jpg

VGNPLO1.jpg

5TTXXNZ.jpg

sbb03oo.jpg

hLyHOPT.jpg

4eoTGaI.jpg

Looks like it's a wrap with us, too. Pretty much a sucky season...   :unsure:

Congrats, glad to hear Mother Nature was on her best behavior.:mandancing:

Denny.

3 minutes ago, tomnjo said:

Looks like it's a wrap with us, too. Pretty much a sucky season...   :unsure:

I have learn that it is not so much how many times you get out.

It is more about the quality of each time you are able to, and the memories you are able to reflect back on.

Like the day we built our (safe passage totum) on the French River, in Ontario Canada.

Denny.

IMGP0388.jpg

Looks like Jenga.  :D

Our season kind of lacked both quantity and quality. Flooding this year really hurt. Once we finally got out, the river wasn't the same.

1 minute ago, tomnjo said:

Looks like Jenga.  :D

Our season kind of lacked both quantity and quality. Flooding this year really hurt. Once we finally got out, the river wasn't the same.

I do feel for you, we here also had a unusual summer, so much spring rain that the local farmers were unable to get their corn crops in this year and many marinas docks were under water, for most of the season. And not to mention the Perch fishing was and still is almost non existent. You and I may have lost some boating, but think about what all the people lost that depend on good weather and you and I being there.

Stay positive, this bad time will help to make the good times even better.

Think on the bright side, how much gas money you saved.

Denny. 

Yeah Denny, we were doing our best to support the local riverside businesses once the water receded. We ate lunch at the riverside bars and grills every time we went out, whereas before we may have packed a lunch instead. Their seasons were still cut way too short, many didn't even bother to open up this year. Hopefully they will be back in 2020. Now the river is rising again, not as high as the Spring but still enough to impact some of the fall tourist season.

Mine is just getting started... did a week on the lake 2 weeks ago and will be on it for 4 day starting Thursday.... 

Adios Wake Boats!!!

10 minutes ago, tomnjo said:

Yeah Denny, we were doing our best to support the local riverside businesses once the water receded. We ate lunch at the riverside bars and grills every time we went out, whereas before we may have packed a lunch instead. Their seasons were still cut way too short, many didn't even bother to open up this year. Hopefully they will be back in 2020. Now the river is rising again, not as high as the Spring but still enough to impact some of the fall tourist season.

I remember the major floodings you have had in the past, and you all survived, you will do it again, when things like this happen, it just tends to make you stronger.

I have also learn not to dwell on what is broken, I consider what I have left to work with and make it happen.

My best to you and yours, may you have a short winter, unless you are into winter sports, in that case, it won't be much longer.

Denny.

1 minute ago, Denny said:

My best to you and yours, may you have a short winter, unless you are into winter sports, in that case, it won't be much longer.

Denny.

Thanks Denny, you too. Meanwhile we do have a Stanley Cup to try to keep.  :D

13 minutes ago, Phillbo said:

Mine is just getting started... did a week on the lake 2 weeks ago and will be on it for 4 day starting Thursday.... 

Been on your lake, I believe it was somewhere between 95 and a 100 that day.

Had a great time, as long as we were moving :boating:

Denny.

3 minutes ago, tomnjo said:

Thanks Denny, you too. Meanwhile we do have a Stanley Cup to try to keep.  :D

:) Denny.

8 hours ago, Toddavid said:

Jam packed with boating.

Was out every weekend since April 15.

Even did 3 weeks at Lake George this year, out every day except two rainy ones.

Here’s some of my favorite photos from this past season. Hope yours was great, too.

ADP7vRy.jpg

4uXdY7m.jpg

DtdSD4y.jpg

0EdjPhF.jpg

VGNPLO1.jpg

5TTXXNZ.jpg

sbb03oo.jpg

hLyHOPT.jpg

4eoTGaI.jpg

Nice pics and really nice family.  The one with you and the sunset in the background is pretty cool but the last one is the best one! :D What's the pooch's name?

We didn't get out every weekend but almost.  New England weather doesn't permit you to do that unless you don't mind boating in super windy and rainy conditions which we had a few of them this year.  But if I was to average the total hours, we probably put another 100 hours on the old machine and most of it was a blast.  I went out several times solo, some with friends of mine (no family) and went way offshore and did a lot of fishing this year with probably the personal suckiest results ever! lol. 

Pulling the boat out today, as a matter of fact but it ain't over just yet, one more weekend and watch this be our final weekend ever as we die in the process since we're going to trailer the bad boy to the Southern Cape, just my son and I and go look for great white sharks.  So if you don't hear from us after this upcoming weekend, the boat sank and we got eaten by GW sharks! :D 

But that lake water looks amazing and I like that fire pit.  What are you cooking on the grill in that 5th pic.  I also see you using that TD home-made shade invention.  Looks good. 

3 hours ago, Hatem said:

Nice pics and really nice family.  The one with you and the sunset in the background is pretty cool but the last one is the best one! :D What's the pooch's name?

Yeah, that's not me. Pretty much every weekend we'd be out with another family. The house we rented at Lake George was large enough to have multiple families visit us during our stay. That's the fire-pit shot, too, on one of the islands on the lake.

Jonah is our pup's name, he's a pit-bull/lab rescue, sweetest dog I've ever met.

3 hours ago, Hatem said:

What are you cooking on the grill in that 5th pic.  

That's another buddy of mine, throwing down a meal. He's a fairly well-known chef. I forget exactly what he was cooking, but it had dried jicama sticks, and I found those suckers everywhere on the boat for the rest of the season.

3 hours ago, Hatem said:

I also see you using that TD home-made shade invention.  Looks good

That thing works so well, I'm expanding the design to also cover the stern for next season. Notice what's in the background of that shot: a hydroplane. The dude flew over, dropped down, idled over, and grabbed a mooring ball with the rest of us to hang out for the day. Was pretty cool to see.

50 minutes ago, Toddavid said:

Jonah is our pup's name, he's a pit-bull/lab rescue, sweetest dog I've ever met.

That thing works so well, I'm expanding the design to also cover the stern for next season. Notice what's in the background of that shot: a hydroplane. The dude flew over, dropped down, idled over, and grabbed a mooring ball with the rest of us to hang out for the day. Was pretty cool to see.

The face on that pup is ridiculously cute.  Almost like he's smiling for the picture lol.  Rescue pups are almost the best to adopt.  It's almost like they know they're getting a 2nd chance and their behavior is indicative of that.

You'll have to keep us posted on the modification of that cover design.  I see that hydroplane, must've been pretty cool.

Lucky sumbitch!:)  My season was very short!  Not only did it rain a lot in the early season, but with 2 kids playing travel softball, we got out very little.  Only put 17 hrs. on the meter which is a record low for us!!  We used to do lake vacations every summer but this year it was OC MD because we had a softball tournament there.  Was fun but no boat!  Boat is winterized in the driveway right now.  Just need to wax her and put her away

12 hours ago, Denny said:

Been on your lake, I believe it was somewhere between 95 and a 100 that day.

Had a great time, as long as we were moving :boating:

Denny.

Other than the crowds we avoid the lake in the summer due to the heat. This time of year it's 75* during the day and 60* overnight. Perfect lake weather in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Phillbo said:

Other than the crowds we avoid the lake in the summer due to the heat. This time of year it's 75* during the day and 60* overnight. Perfect lake weather in my opinion. 

Yes, that is why I have decided to start doing my annual trips to my son in Phoenix In October.

Denny.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:03 AM, Toddavid said:

She's got quite the smile on that face.  Just saw this today figured you'd get a kick out of it. 

tenor_03eadf82889943a9618054b594b230570f

Oh man, of all the dog pics you had to pick, you picked one of an English Bulldog. Our last dog was a bulldog, he was a magnificent soul. Such expressive faces. I did a series of holiday cards featuring him and our daughter every year he was with us, including the year before she was born. He was our first kid.

ioss0gj.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:48 AM, Toddavid said:

Oh man, of all the dog pics you had to pick, you picked one of an English Bulldog. Our last dog was a bulldog, he was a magnificent soul. Such expressive faces. I did a series of holiday cards featuring him and our daughter every year he was with us, including the year before she was born. He was our first kid.

ioss0gj.jpg

Nice picture.  I didn't even know you posted it because that winterizing thread is going berserk and unless you quote me or whomever, won't see it unless I stumble on it like I just did.  But your current pooch has an amazing smile on him, you can clearly see it in that pic of him you posted.  I had no idea that dog in the gif was an Irish bulldog, just thought it was funny the way dogs behave.  On my street, I stop everyone walking their dogs and say hi and pet them and tell them they're not allowed to walk by my house without saying hello and allowing me to pet them.  Most are super friendly and lick your face and love the attention.