Sign in to follow this  
sross

Pa4a bluetooth

I have a sunesta 224

All summer the bluetooth connected fine to note9 and iphone6.

Recently (2 weeks ago) the pa4a  t stopped working completely.  

Any suggestions?

Not sure if you are referring to the Bluetooth connection only, or if you completely lost power, but I have had both issues occur.  The first time, completely lost power and found there to be an in-line fuse behind the head unit that was blown.  Another time, after being connected to BT with my primary device, I connected a second BT device and it wouldn't let me re-establish the connection with the original one.  Since I had already known about the fuse option, I simply pulled that and reset the unit.  All was fine after that and haven't had either issue in more than a year.

On 10/11/2019 at 4:18 PM, sross said:

I have a sunesta 224

All summer the bluetooth connected fine to note9 and iphone6.

Recently (2 weeks ago) the pa4a  t stopped working completely.  

Any suggestions?

We too have an unstable Polk Ultramarine PA4A BT. Never lost power, but the BT and App are hinky. We've had the same experience with a primary device like Playmaker17 describes. The only solution we've found is to forget the connection and pair anew. If moving through the App quickly, it almost always freezes. This requires a power down and restart of the handheld. If you forget to disconnect the BT connection before powering down, it usually won't subsequently reconnect until paired anew also. The only solution we've had success with is to disable BT on all devices with an active pairing except the device that will be used to stream before powering up the head unit. Upgrading the stereo is on the winter to-do list for this, and a few other unrelated reasons.  If you find a solution, please post it.  This unit has been installed widely and others will benefit.  Best.