Sign in to follow this  
Foolish Pleasure II

Portlight 2001 300 signature

I have a leak in my portlight windows. I have called ceil marine and many others to get a gasket. Does anyone know the  manufacturer of the portlight windows used in 2001?. I think they may be taylor made, but they don't have the gasket either.  Any ideas on how to fix would be appreciated.

What is with the big cruisers having so many leaks this year ?   2001 is almost new .

McMaster-Carr.com has loads of closed cell adhesive backed gasket material.  If a O ring post the I D & O D of the ring. We might be abl to find a replacement.

1 hour ago, Foolish Pleasure II said:

I have a leak in my portlight windows. I have called ceil marine and many others to get a gasket. Does anyone know the  manufacturer of the portlight windows used in 2001?. I think they may be taylor made, but they don't have the gasket either.  Any ideas on how to fix would be appreciated.

I’ve never had this problem, but it seems the first step is to determine where the water is getting through. Is it the outside edge of the window/hull interface or through the glass/frame seal? If outside edge, pull the widow and seal/reseal with a good all-weather caulk. If the glass/frame seal, either a new window, replace the seal using a similar rubber profile or flat gasket material (rolls and sheets can be purchased at most industrial distributors); or if not severe, perhaps caulk.

I appreciate the feedback. I believe it is leaking between the window and the gasket that seals when the window is closed. I will  get better measurement next week as far as I'd and od. It is an eclipse window with a measure across the gasket approximately 6.25 and 6.25 in height.

A picture of the window open. With a pencil pointing to the bad gasket would help a lot.

I have attached a picture of the window. In the picture you can see the black gasket the window closes against. It is the gasket I am trying to find. Hope someone might recognize window and the manufacturing.  

I appreciate everyone's help. Thank You

20191005_142553_resized.jpg

Take a look at your hatches and see if there is a company name on the ring. Most likely the same company that fitted your port holes. 

You may want to try tightening them down wth  screwdriver.

It is much simpler to start this way rather than pulling a window out