Sign in to follow this  
GS340

New to me 2014 H2O sport 21 foot. Many questions to

Hello.  We recently acquired this 2014 H2O from a family member due to life issues.   I’ve been on the boat a few times over the years but never owned one.  We live in northern Virginia and it can get down to 0 or - numbers in the winter for a day or two.  Mostly in the teens 

im trying to winterize the boat and gain some over all knowledge on the caring for the boat. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I’ve watched 20 or so videos on how to launch a boat and how to winterize a 4.3 meceruiser 4.3 EFI engine.  We are going to take a boating class in the spring 

First. I winterized by putting the muffs and running the engine until I saw the gauge around 160 170 and it stayed there for 5 or so minutes. You shut down the engine and twisted the blue knob and water came out the orange tube at the bottom.  I also remove the two blue plugs

i then removed the hoses and poured about 7 or 8 bottles of pink down the tubes until I could get anymore in. 
anything else I’m missing?

Have a REAL marine mechanic do it .  Untill you can do ALL the steps as good as he can.

There is no way you will not miss a step or 2 in a total freezing spell............... A boat is not even close to being like a car.

I had a boat with that same engine for 5 years.  All I ever did was turn the blue knob to release the water and remove the blue plugs.  I'm in the air doesn't freeze camp and never had an issue.