Sign in to follow this  
jeffk

Underwater lights

I have a 2013 signature 310.

One underwater light seems to have burnt out.

Does anyone know the make and model number of these?

Can you buy one or are they sold in a set?

Did water get into it?  Didn't realize LEDs burn out, especially after only 6 years.  I would check with Joe at Cecil marine.  I bet you can get the only one you need.

They came with the boat.

Chaparral certainly does not make underwater lights.

There are no markings on the outside to determine manufacturer

I did not use them much, its not a priority to fix

Post a pic of the light, may be able to identify it. I would isolate the light thats out, and test for voltage across the harness, prior to ripping and replacing. Odd for an entire upderwater LED assembly to go dark. Not uncommon for an individual bulb or cluster, to go out, while others still light. 

2 hours ago, Was_Wylie_Tunes said:

Post a pic of the light, may be able to identify it. 

I don't remember the last time Jeff posted a pic lol.  That I would like to see! :D

2 hours ago, Was_Wylie_Tunes said:

I would isolate the light thats out, and test for voltage across the harness, prior to ripping and replacing. Odd for an entire upderwater LED assembly to go dark. Not uncommon for an individual bulb or cluster, to go out, while others still light. 

Shouldn't be too difficult to find out what underwater lights Chaparral used on their 2013 Signature 310s.  I wouldn't even doubt if they use a standard make across the board on all boats of that year and even the following couple of years.  Might even have info on them in his little Chappy blue bag.

if replacing, i would go w/ new tech vs led's from 2013 or earlier, they are all wired the same.

33 minutes ago, jeffk said:

I would have to take a picture first....aint happening!

Your buddy is going to be upset with you  :) 

I agree with delany. Time for an upgrade.

2 hours ago, jeffk said:

I would have to take a picture first....aint happening!

Loooool, I warned Wylie! :haha-7383:

I really dont use them much.

Not worth replacing at this time.

I will be going down to the miami show to check out brokers.

Time is right to sell.

Maybe join a boat club, or downsize to a smaller boat with an outboard.

We dont go on many overnights anymore.

On 11/15/2019 at 8:21 PM, jeffk said:

Time is right to sell.

Maybe join a boat club, or downsize to a smaller boat with an outboard.

We dont go on many overnights anymore.

That is sad to hear.  I am dreaming of doing another Bimini trip, but I doubt it would happen even if we didn't upgrade as intended.  Just gotta move down there some day.  Larry is begging me to do a Keys trip with him, but he will have to spend a lot of fuel to get there.  Stars just aren't lining up, but we'll still have the 2017 Bimini trip to remember.

Eha8tVa.png

Nice pic!

After we bought the condo in portugal, we have not overnighted much.

In feb i will go to the miami show and talk to some brokers.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:42 PM, jeffk said:

Nice pic!

lol, is that you at 65 jumping off your 310 holding your nose shut?  Hard to tell, the pic is a bit out of focus, but it looks like a screen shot off of TP's drone who looks like he's flying it off his deck.  Impressive! 

One day we'll make it down there when we the stars and the moon all line up correctly!  The last two years just haven't been very cooperative. 

Not just jumping....i cleared the rail!

That was honeymoon harbor.

There were stingrays and nurse sharks swimming around.

Right outside the anchorage is the sapona a old cement shipwreck, great place to snorkel.

Happy thanksgiving to all!

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:01 PM, jeffk said:

Not just jumping....i cleared the rail!

That was honeymoon harbor.

There were stingrays and nurse sharks swimming around.

Right outside the anchorage is the sapona a old cement shipwreck, great place to snorkel.

Happy thanksgiving to all!

Yeah man, you got some good air there.  I hope I'm able to do that at that age! :D Young at heart and body, good stuff.

I just looked up the SS Sapona since I didn't know anything about it until you just mentioned it and wow, that thing has quite the history, aside from being built out of concrete because of the shortage of steel during WWI, it went through a lot after when it exchanged hands and the craziest part is how it was used as a target practice for the USN during WWII lol.  It's actually pretty amazing the condition it's still in just after that alone. 

https://www.hmy.com/yachting/news/the-intriguing-history-of-the-ss-sapona-wreck/

That was a fun trip....even though I got towed home!

I think your marina was nicer than ours.

You had a nice beach area.

I would do it again just to hook up with you guys!

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:40 AM, TexasPilot71 said:

2:25 mark  :)

That's a great video, TP.  The 250 looks great also.  Too bad, but I understand the need to upgrade with the kids growing up.  It's a much better reason than just having twofootitis only!  And those nurse sharks and ramoras are not too shy, are they!

On 12/2/2019 at 11:17 AM, jeffk said:

That was a fun trip....even though I got towed home!

I think your marina was nicer than ours.

You had a nice beach area.

I would do it again just to hook up with you guys!

I agree.  The company was the best part.  We still see and vacation with the Robinson's a couple times every year.  Our marina was indeed very nice, but we stayed in a condo.  I wish we had a little better weather or a couple extra days.  We really only had one good day there on the water.  There was an afternoon before our return home, but it stormed most of the day.  We should have made better use of that afternoon.  Dreaming to go back, but at least we did it once.

I cannot wait to take my boat to the Bahamas...got to get another Chap first! Have my eye on a 265 SSI. Going to do Bimini pit stop and then stay a month on the boat in the Abacos or Exumas.