MontreAl

Overnight aboard the JAH Love

I've always liked the name of your boat, btw.  Can I ask if you are from anywhere in the beautiful Caribbean (despite your user name) since if I'm not mistaken, Jah means God termed mostly in Caribbean countries and the Rastafarian language from my understanding (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in anyway of that) but from my long old days of playing music in bands from high school through music college and playing a little reggae with a few of my Rastafarian  buddies, I  had learned the definition of that word. 

We didn't have pagers even then lol so nowadays you can easily look it up in seconds.

But I just wanted to tell you that I think it is one of the better names for a boat I've seen.

Ps. I couldn't see the pics off my phone but will take a look later on my laptop.

20 minutes ago, Hatem said:

I've always liked the name of your boat, btw.  Can I ask if you are from anywhere in the beautiful Caribbean (despite your user name) since if I'm not mistaken, Jah means God termed mostly in Caribbean countries and the Rastafarian language from my understanding (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in anyway of that) but from my long old days of playing music in bands from high school through music college and playing a little reggae with a few of my Rastafarian  buddies, I  had learned the definition of that word. 

We didn't have pagers even then lol so nowadays you can easily look it up in seconds.

But I just wanted to tell you that I think it is one of the better names for a boat I've seen.

Ps. I couldn't see the pics off my phone but will take a look later on my laptop.

Hatem,

Thanks for your interest. I believe the definition you use for Jah is correct. There are also songs titled "Jah Love" - you can find them on youtube.

In 2010, my 30 year old son lost his battle with pancreatic cancer.  When he passed he was taking a treatment break and staying with Rasta family friends in Jamaica. I bought our un-named Sig 270 in 2011 and my daughter thought of the name JAH Love. JAH are the initials of my deceased son's name. This past November 11, he would have been 40 years old.

Please let me know if you are unable to view the photo I posted.  Happy Friday.

1 hour ago, MontreAl said:

Hatem,

Thanks for your interest. I believe the definition you use for Jah is correct. There are also songs titled "Jah Love" - you can find them on youtube.

In 2010, my 30 year old son lost his battle with pancreatic cancer.  When he passed he was taking a treatment break and staying with Rasta family friends in Jamaica. I bought our un-named Sig 270 in 2011 and my daughter thought of the name JAH Love. JAH are the initials of my deceased son's name. This past November 11, he would have been 40 years old.

I'm very sorry for your loss, my friend.  I couldn't possibly imagine enduring such a thing.  May he rest in peace.

That's quite the neat thing that his initials are the same for the word itself.  A genius thought by your daughter.

I haven't set up my Google account on my phone yet but as soon as I get on my laptop later, it shouldn't be a problem to see them.

Pics do not display :

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

8 hours ago, Hatem said:

@Hatem Jah is short for Jehovah. Rastafari is basically a Christian sect or cult, depends on who you ask.

@MontreAl I am sorry to hear of your son's loss. There are no words that I can say to make it any better, but I offer my sincerest condolences.

On 11/15/2019 at 4:49 PM, drewm3i said:

@Hatem Jah is short for Jehovah. Rastafari is basically a Christian sect or cult, depends on who you ask.

Cool, good to know thanks for the information and the great Bob Marely video.  Certainly some of the best music ever written and performed.   One of my favorite lines in "name that tune" is:

"Them belly full but we hungry, a hungry man is an angry man"

That and so many others have had drastic influences on so many people, not just musicians.  But one thing that is unforgettable about my Rasta buddies back in college is the staggering amount of weed they smoked.  It litterally made me ill several times just being in the same room and enclosed space with them lol.

17 hours ago, Hatem said:

Cool, good to know thanks for the information and the great Bob Marely video.  Certainly some of the best music ever written and performed.   One of my favorite lines in "name that tune" is:

"Them belly full but we hungry, a hungry man is an angry man"

That and so many others have had drastic influences on so many people, not just musicians.  But one thing that is unforgettable about my Rasta buddies back in college is the staggering amount of weed they smoked.  It litterally made me ill several times just being in the same room and enclosed space with them lol.

:clapsmiley::haha-7383:

I love his music too. Some favorites:

Slogans

Ambush in the Night

Real Situation

Natural Mystic

Redemption Song

One Drop

Talkin Blues and many more

Obviously the mainstays too:

One Love

Three Little Birds