Sign in to follow this  
Hatem

What's your take on this?

I'm sure many, if not all of you have seen it by now but this was so bad on so many levels and watching the replay last night, I saw that it happened with 8 seconds left in the game.  Shouldn't these guys be trying to wrap it up and end the game with 8 seconds left instead of letting all these angry emotions that lead to this horrible act take precedence?  And now perhaps change the future of not only Myles Garret but a couple other players were handed some serious fines.

I know there's not a lot of sports fans on here but you can still give your opinion.  Curious to see what you think about this and what the "punishment" should be beyond the suspension without pay for the rest of the year that the NFL already handed down for @tomnjo and any others..

The video is blocked. NFL covering up which means the player will get suspended but that's likely it. 

Has a hockey player ever ripped somebodies helmet off and then used it against the player he took it from?

How about when Gronkowski gave that dirty hit to a Buffalo Bills player. Oh the pour thing was frustrated and wasn't thinking and bashed the BIlls player. Only a suspension and he's a hero now.

3 minutes ago, SST said:

The video is blocked.

It's not blocked you just have to click "Watch the video on You Tube" after you click the play icon.

5 minutes ago, SST said:

Has a hockey player ever ripped somebodies helmet off and then used it against the player he took it from?

Not that I know of, but they've been up into the stands fighting with fans lol. 

5 minutes ago, SST said:

How about when Gronkowski gave that dirty hit to a Buffalo Bills player. Oh the pour thing was frustrated and wasn't thinking and bashed the BIlls player. Only a suspension and he's a hero now.

That was pretty stupid on Gronk's part as well and could've really hurt Tre had he elbowed him in the right spot.  He's lucky that he's a big goofball.  But do you remember what led up to that?

First off I want to say that I’m a Steelers fan so take my opinion with that in mind. 

What kills me is all of the pundits that were asking where’s Rudolph’s apology?!  What should he apologize for? The beginning of that type skirmish happens all a lot in the NFL.  Especially involving the quarterback position where they perceive someone taking shots at them.  And let’s face it, the qb position is coveted and protected in the league.  Right or wrong.  They know it and act like it.  

So, Mason Rudolph issued a statement today apologizing for his role in the skirmish.  I know that might look good PR wise but I don’t understand the need for it from Rudolph or the Steelers organization.  

It was the final act of the removing of the helmet and then using it to hit Rudolph in the head that made this different from any of many mix ups that happens in every game and made it situation that it is.  That’s where all the explaining and apologizing needs to be focused on. 

A civil suit would claim.............. Assault with a deadly weapon to cause severe brain damage.  Steroids DO DO THAT.

11 hours ago, bhutch said:

First off I want to say that I’m a Steelers fan so take my opinion with that in mind. 

What kills me is all of the pundits that were asking where’s Rudolph’s apology?!  What should he apologize for? The beginning of that type skirmish happens all a lot in the NFL.  Especially involving the quarterback position where they perceive someone taking shots at them.  And let’s face it, the qb position is coveted and protected in the league.  Right or wrong.  They know it and act like it.  

So, Mason Rudolph issued a statement today apologizing for his role in the skirmish.  I know that might look good PR wise but I don’t understand the need for it from Rudolph or the Steelers organization.  

It was the final act of the removing of the helmet and then using it to hit Rudolph in the head that made this different from any of many mix ups that happens in every game and made it situation that it is.  That’s where all the explaining and apologizing needs to be focused on. 

Appreciate your input.  I was having dinner at the local bar & grill and watching his apology on one of the many big screens but no audio, so I didnt hear what exactly he was apologizing for?  Was it because he was first trying to rip off Myles Garrett's helmet when he was being held down into the ground but never took it off which I suppose led to Garrett grabbing Mason's face mask and brutally pulling it and the helmet off and we all know what happened next.  Was that what he was apologizing for, kinda like starting the whole Malay?  But he really didn't.  Or after that when he was going after Garret?  Then he actually stopped and then got plowed over by another Brown's player!  

So yeah, I'm with you, he didn't need to apologize for anything unless he was just doing it for PR reasons.  I dont think he did anything wrong.  He was being smothered into the ground after being hit/sacked (I dont even think it was a sack he had gotten rid of the ball by the time Garrett slammed him to the ground) so what is he supposed to do in that vulnerable position?  Tap Garrett's helmet and tell him "nice hit and driving me into the ground"?

He didn’t mentioned anything specific about the incident.  Just a general statement -I’m paraphrasing- about it being a privilege and honor to represent the Rooney family and the Steeler organization and  that he has to be better the next time.   I appreciate the classy move from he and the Steelers  to make that statement but I’m totally okay with both if they didn’t make it at all.  In fact, I kinda wish they didn’t.  

In case you weren’t aware,  they play right around the corner again 12-1.  Not that I expect some big kind of retaliation but I think baker mayfield better keep his head on a swivel because if there is a opportunity to take some extra, added shots,  I think the Steeler defense will take them.  No love loss between the two teams to begin with .

22 minutes ago, MonkeySeaII said:

Garrett is now pulling the race card.  Saying Mason Rudolph made a racial slur.  

A Hail Mary act of pure desperation!  Not going to work.  Might even make his case worse.  Just a awful accusation to put on somebody.  

I'll chime in to say this:  In Foxboro the Patriots will always get a smack on the wrist (like Gronk did).  Look at yesterday's game against the Cowboys...Not one but two tripping penalties that led to Dallas losing that game.  First off, I can't remember the last game I saw where they even called tripping and yesterday they called it twice and in both cases there was no tripping involved.  That's cause they were in Foxboro..and always get special treatment.  I'm a Broncos fan and have no dog in that fight - but it was a bunch of BS like it always is.  Anyways, disputes and fights will always occur...but when you take another man's helmet off and attempt to hit him (even in Hockey where the fights are awesome)  that's taking it to another level that's simply not going to be tolerated.  Even in hockey that's a big no no...Garrett got the punishment he deserved and Rudolph got fined 50 Grand which was appropriate since he did attempt to take Garrett's helmet off.

lol, might as well re-title this thread to the Patriots Bashing Thread. :haha-7383:

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:16 PM, bhutch said:

A Hail Mary act of pure desperation!  Not going to work.  Might even make his case worse.  Just a awful accusation to put on somebody.  

Totally agree.  They even went and listened to any audio from some of the guys they had miched for any of the broadcasts and nothing revealed that slur.  It would've also been supported by MANY other players there including Steelers players whom I'm sure wouldn't have appreciated hearing that.  So yeah, I don't buy it at all. 

Curious to see what Garrett's punishment will be beyond the suspension for the rest of the year.  I'm sure he's gonna get it, and it's gonna come down harder than any other fine or punishment handed out by the NFL to a player ever.  At least it should.

I guess someone forgot to tell the refs last night, to give the close calls to the Pats.

I guess for Kraft, he did not get a happy ending!

On 12/9/2019 at 12:22 PM, jeffk said:

I guess someone forgot to tell the refs last night, to give the close calls to the Pats.

Close calls?  That Kelcie fumble that was being returned for a TD but Gilmore had to stop because the refs were so eager to blow the whistle dead instead of letting it play out and then let the automatic TD review determine it?  Kinda like they're supposed to do?  That took 4 points away from the Pat's and that horrible ball positioning challenge for a critical 1st down that was just mind blowing how blind they can be. Oh yeah, and that noncall pass interference on whomever Chief that was who was hanging on Tony Dorsette's back like a monkey heck my macaw doesn't even hang on my shoulder like this guy did loooool.

Oh yeah and that Nkeal Harry foot was sooooo out of bounds on that TD amazing they saw that! :D There were so many horrible calls in that game it was ridiculous but hey, it's the Pat's so they deserve it, right! lol

And where's all the bashing for Spygate 2?  Come on, people!  You guys are slacking off big time LOL.

Those calls sucked......too bad! No happy ending!

They got two non existent tripping call against dallas, that helped win the game.

11 hours ago, jeffk said:

Those calls sucked......too bad! No happy ending!

Hahaha.  Hey, that's what the old billionaire likes to do which seems very bizzaro considering he has so many other MUCH BETTER options.  This organization, for the most part has handled all the amazingly great, two-decade long success pretty well in general.  But this one here was really strange. 

But, as a diehard fan, I'll take all this craziness in exchange for all the superbowl victories any day of the week. 

11 hours ago, jeffk said:

They got two non existent tripping call against dallas, that helped win the game.

Absolutely.  And if you listened to the local broadcast and all the sports media here in Boston, they all called the refs out for those non-existent trip calls, as well as all the fans acknowledged them.  But taking 2 TDs away with just horrible, horrible calls is quite a bit more egregious in such a big game that had a lot riding on it (standing-wise) for the Pat's.  Especially when the refs have a lot of options available to them to get the calls right.  

The officiating has been horrendous, all across the league, not just against the Pat's.  Look at that devastating call against the Saints last year.  I don't think it gets any worst than that. 

Pats finally got taste of their own medicine Hatem lol.. Usually in Foxboro the Refs are their pocket..  Let's face it though, your offense isn't what it use to be and after you lost Dorsette it was all down hill from there and after this season is over it will only get worse as you search for a new QB.  And your receivers have dropped more passes this season than the last three combined...Kraft needs to go back to the massage parlor and find some folks with good hands lol...take care brother...

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:20 AM, Water Dawg 6 said:

Pats finally got taste of their own medicine Hatem lol..Usually in Foxboro the Refs are their pocket.. 

Oh come on!  lol.  That's a bit salty, there, Dawg. :D 

Let's face it though, your offense isn't what it use to be

And yet they win the division and are 12-3!?  Amazing, WG dog, maaaaan. :D 

and after you lost Dorsette it was all down hill from there

I think you mean Devlin.  Tony Dorsette is in the lineup and Elandon Roberts has taken Devlin's place if you watched last night's game.  The rushing game has blown the doors wide open with Sony Michel running behind him.  They ran all over Buffalo last night and clinched the division for the 11th straight year.  And actually, an even more impressive record is they've actually won the division since 2002 with the exception of 2008 when Brady tore his ACL yet they still went 9-7 that year with Matt Cassel.  That's pretty remarkable but I know a lot of people don't know that or care to know about that because people hate to see the same team win year after year after year after decade after decade LOL!  Especially Broncos fans. :D

and after this season is over it will only get worse as you search for a new QB.

Hey, I don't worry about that right now.  What I saw last night was vintage Brady who's contract is coming up after this season and a lot of people are saying he's leaving to play for another team.  He's had it with ownership that wants to give him only 1-year contracts and for the greatest NFL player of all time, he shouldn't be the 6th highest paid player in the league.  WTF kinda treatment is that?  The guy who's brought you 6 superbowl championships and has taken you to 10 #$%$&$% superbowls (won 3 out of the last 5) should be paid an unrivaled salary.  He's been giving the organization a lot, including being underpaid which seems to have finally gotten to him.  He's put up his house for sale, his personal trainer has done the same.  He's passed on his leadership role in some volunteer organization in Cape Cod for helping kids to Julian Edelman and all these signs and indicators that he's going somewhere else.  That, to me, would be more devastating than if he retires.  That's the only thing I dislike about this organization (including their sloppiness with the rules on video taping loool) is that they don't like to pay.  It's all business all the time.  Even though that has worked and worked very well,  the only reason it has, has been because of Brady.

Check this out; in 2016 when they came back in the end of the 3rd quarter of the Super Bowl after being down 28-3.......28-3!!!!!!!!.....to win it in OT against the Atlanta Falcons, the Pats were 31st out of 32 teams with the lowest salary.  If that doesn't tell you something, nothing will.  Kraft needs to open up the checkbook BIG TIME.  This guy cannot retire playing for another team.  Even if his idol Joe Montana did that, it cannot happen with Brady.

And your receivers have dropped more passes this season than the last three combined...

You're talking like the season is over, bro.  Did you watch anything from yesterday's game against the Bills?  Did you notice anything in that offense?  Brady threw the ball to 10 different receivers.  Their record is 12-3 and their going into their final game against Miami here in Foxboro and a win gives them a 1st round bye.  So they're jelling and peaking at the most perfect time, just like they did last year.  Never count out the Pats, man, you should know that.

Kraft needs to go back to the massage parlor and find some folks with good hands lol...take care brother...

Hey, we all have our weirdness and closet skeletons.  I don't hold that against him despite the embarrassment that it brought to him and the organization.  It's just really bizarre that a man with such wealth would resort to such a thing.  But more importantly to me is what happens on the field.

Some big games today.  Dallas vs Philly for the division lead.  Ravens vs Browns (one of only 2 teams to have beaten the Ravens this year) and a few other good ones.  Should be a fun week 16 in the NFL.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, bhutch said:

In case you weren’t aware,  they play right around the corner again 12-1.  Not that I expect some big kind of retaliation but I think baker mayfield better keep his head on a swivel because if there is a opportunity to take some extra, added shots,  I think the Steeler defense will take them.  No love loss between the two teams to begin with .

Hey man, I hope your Steelers beat the heck out of Lamar Jackson and those dangerous Baltimore Ravens today!  Go get 'em! 

Who else here is a Steelers fan, @MonkeySeaII?

A lot of great games today on the final day of the NFL season.

Cowboys vs Redskins is always a great game, no matter where the teams are positioned in the standings.

What will Marshawn Lynch do for the Seattle Seahawks who might not even make the playoffs with their current standings?  There's some fun and interesting stuff going on in the West Coast, too.  What a game that will be, Russell Wilson and Beastmode vs Jimmy Garoppolo and the 49'rs wow, great matchup with high stakes for both teams, actually.

I went into the closet as a steelers fan when tomlin didnt back Villanueva for national anthem ordeal.  Still watch occasionally but a coach should have a players back and he could have been a little more politically neutral on his statement.  I still root for them, but no steelers swag until Tomlin is gone.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:43 PM, Rwright1985 said:

I went into the closet as a steelers fan when tomlin didnt back Villanueva for national anthem ordeal.  Still watch occasionally but a coach should have a players back and he could have been a little more politically neutral on his statement.  I still root for them, but no steelers swag until Tomlin is gone.

Honestly, I have no idea how that guy is still coaching one of the most historically successful NFL franchises in the league.  I know he's taken them to a couple of superbowl wins with Rothlessburger who I think is pretty much done with his career.  But the way he allowed many of his players to be so undisciplined outside of the locker room and especially when Brown was on the team and his indiscretions on social media was crazy.  Even going way back to 2001 before the AFC championship game against the Pats and he was ok with guys like Cordell Stewart and many of the other players to not only pack their bags for New Orleans and the SB, but to be so brazen about it and talk about it so that it gave the Pats all the ammunition they needed to come out and beat them on their own turf for the right to go to the SB and end up beating the Rams in that historic game that essentially started the Pats dynasty.  He has no discipline as far as his players are allowing them to do these things which surprises me completely.  And all the sports outlets will tell you that the minute he ever gets fired, they'll be at least 10 teams waiting to hire him on the spot!  Look at Ron Riviera who was just fired by the Panthers and was immediately hired by the Red Skins!  And he doesn't have half the credentials Tomlin does.  Crazy.

20 hours ago, MonkeySeaII said:

sorry, Eagles fan here!!  I bleed green!  It was ugly but we won the NFC LEast

That's right, how could I forget that? lol.  Hey, and ugly win is much better than an ugly loss like the one we experienced on Sunday.  Ooof that was horrible. 

The NFC is always loaded with great teams, year after year more so than the AFC.  This year it's even tougher with the likes of the 49rs and Saints and possibly the SeaHawks.  The AFC is usually less packed although this year with Lamar Jackson playing the way he is and the Kansas City Chiefs and Mahomes and the Texans showing their best football in a long time have made it a lot more competitive than it usually is.  Everyone seems to be picking the Ravens for obvious reasons but you never know.  The playoffs are a totally different animal and experience counts for a lot.  Should be fun to watch.

8 hours ago, Hatem said:

Honestly, I have no idea how that guy is still coaching one of the most historically successful NFL franchises in the league.  I know he's taken them to a couple of superbowl wins with Rothlessburger who I think is pretty much done with his career.  But the way he allowed many of his players to be so undisciplined outside of the locker room and especially when Brown was on the team and his indiscretions on social media was crazy.  Even going way back to 2001 before the AFC championship game against the Pats and he was ok with guys like Cordell Stewart and many of the other players to not only pack their bags for New Orleans and the SB, but to be so brazen about it and talk about it so that it gave the Pats all the ammunition they needed to come out and beat them on their own turf for the right to go to the SB and end up beating the Rams in that historic game that essentially started the Pats dynasty.  He has no discipline as far as his players are allowing them to do these things which surprises me completely.  And all the sports outlets will tell you that the minute he ever gets fired, they'll be at least 10 teams waiting to hire him on the spot!  Look at Ron Riviera who was just fired by the Panthers and was immediately hired by the Red Skins!  And he doesn't have half the credentials Tomlin does.  Crazy.

That's right, how could I forget that? lol.  Hey, and ugly win is much better than an ugly loss like the one we experienced on Sunday.  Ooof that was horrible. 

The NFC is always loaded with great teams, year after year more so than the AFC.  This year it's even tougher with the likes of the 49rs and Saints and possibly the SeaHawks.  The AFC is usually less packed although this year with Lamar Jackson playing the way he is and the Kansas City Chiefs and Mahomes and the Texans showing their best football in a long time have made it a lot more competitive than it usually is.  Everyone seems to be picking the Ravens for obvious reasons but you never know.  The playoffs are a totally different animal and experience counts for a lot.  Should be fun to watch.

Tomlin wont get fired, too good of a record.  his regular season is best of Knoll and Cowher.  Problem is he allows his team to play down to their opponents which costs them so it flips when factoring in playoffs.  He does need to get the team disciplined but needs a mutual respect between him and the team.  Villanueva being a Ranger and going on the field @ anthem isnt following rules because he wanted the team to stay in the locker room, but he should have allowed the team to be discreetly @ the tunnel or just said "IDK what happened and we will discuss as a team" instead he outed Villanueva for not following his rule.

11 hours ago, Rwright1985 said:

Tomlin wont get fired, too good of a record.  his regular season is best of Knoll and Cowher.

Actually I was wrong about 2000-2001.  It wasn't Tomlin who didn't have control of his players and allowed them to pack their bags and try to get tickets for their families to go to the Super Bowl in New Orleans before even playing in the AFC Championship game and just bypass playing the Pats, basically taking them and the win for granted which pisssed off the Pats to no end (I remember that part very well because it was Brady's first season and local sports radio and fans were lighting up here that week before the game looool,) but rather it was Bill Cowher who was coaching the Steelers that year, now that you mentioned his name.  That's even more surprising because I can see the undisciplined players under Tomlin, but not Cowher and that crazy chin of his lmfao. :D You would never think he would allow such a thing.  He coached the Steelers from 1992 to 2006.

12 hours ago, Rwright1985 said:

Problem is he allows his team to play down to their opponents which costs them so it flips when factoring in playoffs.  He does need to get the team disciplined but needs a mutual respect between him and the team.  Villanueva being a Ranger and going on the field @ anthem isnt following rules because he wanted the team to stay in the locker room, but he should have allowed the team to be discreetly @ the tunnel or just said "IDK what happened and we will discuss as a team" instead he outed Villanueva for not following his rule.

I hear ya.  Yeah, very, very rare to see a coach in any sport out one of his players, even if he has a major problem with that certain player.  It never looks good on you and sends the wrong message for other players who now might not want to play for him because of that mistrust he's created.  But he does have a certain degree of popularity around the league, from players to scouts to owners etc.  Even after he does stupid @#$%@# like this here.  Remember this?  LooOol!

What a sneaky #$%^$%&$ looool.  I remember watching this thing live and seeing this and thinking not only is this guy whacked in the head looool, but he would definitely get fined BIG TIME for impeding the play on the field.  Think what would happen if it was a fan or one of the hundreds of field & game personnel working the game if they had gotten on the field and caused the play to be affected as a result of their actions?  We would be in the slammer for 30 days and paying a huge fine.  I don't remember what disciplinary action the league handed down on him, do you?  Either way, look at how sneaky his eyes alone are lol!  Tell me he didn't know what he was doing there!? :D