Dustin Mustangs

What's the general consensus on Overton's?

New boat owner here looking to gear up for my first season.  I am noticing some of the things I need like dock lines, fenders, anchor kits, life jackets, ect are much cheaper on Overton's compared to retailers such as West marine.  Even West Marines 40-50% black friday discount prices are still slightly more than Overton's on some of these items. 

Is Overton's stuff junk?  West marine over priced??  Is there somewhere else I should be buying this stuff from???

As usual, thanks a ton for any useful feedback!

Yes, West Marine is over price.  Try Defender.com  I just use W.M. if I need something that day. Overton's is good, but there more for the smaller boats. Having a 29 footer I don't use them, if you compare the two sites you will see what I mean.  

I have purchased many, many items from Overton's over the years.  That's who I used when I outfitted our bought when we bought it.

AS I became older And admitted I really enjoyed fishing as much as being on the boat also.  On a trip or a day trip. I just bought the part or mechanic to do the repair NOW !!

Keep on boating & fishing.    :wub:

More than 1 time I offered the service manager a white envelop with a $ 50 in it & handed it to him as we talked. I went to the rest room. Came back & a mechanic was waiting for me.  The Manager & the great mechanic became business friends...……. Treat people with consideration & respect ?  They treat you the same way.

I do bring work to 1 place for those 2 people each season. All 4 of us are happy. The 4 th person is the new boater.

46 minutes ago, Chappy 651 said:

West Marine will price match any online store, its a little know fact

Well, that depends.... So If I walk into a W.M. here in Boston (Woburn, Braintree) and I get a better price from Defenders in CT. and there a 100 miles away they will not price match.

Price Match Guarantee

If you find a lower price on an identical product at a local retail store, West Marine will match that price within 30 days of purchase.

We will price match:

• Local Stores within 50 miles
  • Amazon, direct from Amazon only
  • Sale and regular prices before shipping, handling and/or sales tax charges
  • Retail prices for wholesale Customers

And they will only price match the same make and model.  Most of what is so cheap from Overton’s is not available from west marine.  

Still very useful info.  I used it once this fall and saved $100 on an onboard charger price matched to Amazon.