cadeco

Reupholster or new

Just acquired a 1993 SX 2850 and the 2 seats have a vinyl in bad shape ( cracked). What would be the best  ( cost in mind) ? reupholster or buy new seats?  also, where can I buy a cockpit cover ? Sorry guys but i'm new on boats.

6 hours ago, cadeco said:

Just acquired a 1993 SX 2850 and the 2 seats have a vinyl in bad shape ( cracked). What would be the best  ( cost in mind) ? reupholster or buy new seats?  also, where can I buy a cockpit cover ? Sorry guys but i'm new on boats.

I have a91 2750sx and I've had the rear pad reupholstered but I have removed the rear seat and and am changing the interior. We want a single small double seat at the helm and something that curves around one side or a couple nice fold down seats so I can have a bit more room to bbq or fish 

On 12/6/2019 at 9:15 PM, Wingnut said:

Great Lakes Skipper has several OEM Chap seats in stock, and I feel their pricing seems competitive with a re-do.

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=4674&manufacturer=1893&p=5&q=Chaparral+Seats

I guess that I will have to go that route because I got a quote for the 2 front seats  for as much as I can get a complete seat from  GLS. Thanks. 

Hey Auggie . How did you removed the rear  seat for  re upholster?  Coulld you herlp w/ that? Thanks

On 12/6/2019 at 5:39 PM, drewm3i said:

Reupholster. Cockpit cover will have to be custom made.

+1  Denny

On 12/23/2019 at 4:56 PM, cadeco said:

Hey Auggie . How did you removed the rear  seat for  re upholster?  Coulld you herlp w/ that? Thanks

It's held on in the rear by a glued or glassed strap that I had to tear off

Sorry about the late reply. I've been busy as heck thru these holidays and  snow storms

On 12/29/2019 at 6:21 AM, cadeco said:

Thanks you all. I will have the cover made locally. Again, Thanks.

Popular boating areas usually have a lot of upholstery shops, check the custom car shops since their clients might have a boat too. Might be worth it for those who want a new color scheme or a different material.

Thanks for the post K. Marcus. I went to a few places and ended up with a very big difference in quotes i  decide for one and  at a certain point the guy  did come w/ a BS  telling me that it was $200 more than what was agreed. ( I guess it should be finished this week). The cost for the seats ( bucket) were for a number that would make more financial sense to buy new bolster seats, my OEM seats are not bolster,  so i decided to buy .  I will try to get pics this week and post , if i learn how to.

Hi Iggy

The cost to reupholster my ( non flip up or drop down ) bucket seats would be $250.00 each, so,  I decided to buy brand new flip up bolster seats that can be found on line for the same cost or for a little bit more , and they are new!

9 hours ago, cadeco said:

Thanks for the post K. Marcus. I went to a few places and ended up with a very big difference in quotes i  decide for one and  at a certain point the guy  did come w/ a BS  telling me that it was $200 more than what was agreed. ( I guess it should be finished this week). The cost for the seats ( bucket) were for a number that would make more financial sense to buy new bolster seats, my OEM seats are not bolster,  so i decided to buy .  I will try to get pics this week and post , if i learn how to.

Please post pics. We want to know what the final product is actually like versus what advertising claims they are like.

Unbelievable , My bench seat and hatch cover(?) still not done yet, They say it will be ready next week. After that i will take the boat for a " check up", change oils/ spark plugs/filters/drive fluids, and revise all electric. I do not want to be caught on the water w/out power or with mechanical problem, - " It's not feasible to get out and push".  As soon as I get it done I will try to post photos.