Sign in to follow this  
Ivan borre

Water system 2004 Sunesta 274

Just bought a 2004 Sunesta 274

i have no clue how to use the water system. I see tanks and Cool water hoses to rinse the boat but I don’t know where the switches are or how to operate them.

please advise 

thanks

Generally there will be a switch at the helm that electrifies the 12 water pump. It will pressurize the on board water systems for the sink, bow and stern shower and toilet if equipped. Once the lines are pressurized, the pump will shut off until the pressure drops, then it will activate again.

9 hours ago, Ivan borre said:

i have no clue how to use the water system. I see tanks and Cool water hoses to rinse the boat but I don’t know where the switches are or how to operate them.

please advise 

thanks

Can you ask another boater at your Club/Marina? They may go over the whole water system with you and give you a lot of pointers.

19 hours ago, Ivan borre said:

please advise 

thanks

Like Chap243 said, you should have a tank that you can fill with water and either next to it (like on my boat) or somewhere along the hose that comes out of the bottom of that tank should lead to a 12vt water pump and from there, it should go to all the fixtures that he mentioned.  But you need to turn that pump on (and have the tank filled with water of course) and a switch on your helm dash that should say "Water Pressure" that you need to put on. Then you'll hear the pump activate until the pressure builds up and it automatically recycles the pressure as needed.