SonOne

Replacing glove box hinges

Replacing a broken hinge on my 2014 SSI glove box. Removed the screw that holds both parts of the hinge together.  I see that the glove box door - which has the top portion of the hinge - has a couple of nuts on the back..

Appears the bottom hinge, which is attached to the glove box trim piece...also has screws and a nut. Didn't see how to access that so I assume the trim pops off?Can someone verify please before I do something  stupid. 

Found my hinge from Cecil Marine for under $30....original part coming soon. Didn't want to break something so asking first before I create a bigger issue.

Thanks....

G E    RTV sealant in clear rated for outdoor use ?    Been there & done that  for hinges, A couple of cut to length sticks  putting pressure where it is needed for 24 hours. Done with no difficult take aparts.

If you do decide to do the G E  R T V way. Buy a new tube WITH A END CAP.  Just cut the SMALLEST tip opening possible. That will allow you to squirt it into small gaps . I also used very thin sliver of wood to push the RETV completly into the hinge surface areas to get full adhesion.   Eyeball the job severtal times before doing it.  All were pieces of cake. A little  RTV on any hanging down screws completed a nice looking repair.

I did the same on my 2014 SSi. There are bolts with nuts on them that hold that trim piece on. You can access them from the under the dash. The middle top one was a pain so I left it and was able to pull out the bottom of the trim enough to get to the nuts to swap out the lower part of the hing.