Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
2004lebanshee

265 vacuflush 6.5 gallon holding tank.

Recommended Posts

The boat is new to me as is having a toilet on a boat. The wife and I plan on having a few over night trips next year. I'm concerned this tank size in inadequate. Does anyone have any experience using this set up. Mostly got it for my 5 and 7 year old for #2s on day trips. I'm sure that will be fine. Is it possible to swap the tank for a slightly larger on? Has anyone done this?  Do I even need to bother?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 2004lebanshee said:

The boat is new to me as is having a toilet on a boat. The wife and I plan on having a few over night trips next year. I'm concerned this tank size in inadequate. Does anyone have any experience using this set up. Mostly got it for my 5 and 7 year old for #2s on day trips. I'm sure that will be fine. Is it possible to swap the tank for a slightly larger on? Has anyone done this?  Do I even need to bother?

 

You have 6 to 8 uses before the tank is fulled. I would get in touch with Domestic with the model# and see what they have to say. Thats just one reason why we went to a bigger boat.  It may or may not be worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think mine's only 5 gallons.  Lasts a while as long as it's used sparingly and correctly (don't flush too much water down it).  I think that's plenty large for a few days before pumpout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. Thanks for the info. I really just want to over night a couple times a year. Im not looking to spend a week out there. We mostly day boat and with younger kids this is the perfect mix of a sporty boat with some overnight capability. I just have no idea what to expect with the tank size.

I was reading the website for the vacu flush and they try to claim that its capasity equivilent to double what a pump toilet holding tank is due to the pulverizing of waste. I have know idea if that's true though. I guess we will just have to try it out for a while and see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have found that my tank takes a quite a while to fill.  I think it would take an awful lot to fill it in one wknd.  But use the water sparingly.  Only use a little for #1 and don't use a lot of TP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Iggy said:

You have 6 to 8 uses before the tank is fulled. 

Man, what are you eating :)

Limiting the water and TP is the secret. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Phillbo said:

Man, what are you eating :)

Limiting the water and TP is the secret. 

At 8 flushes, thats 3/4 of a gal. You never fully empty the tank with each pump out. If your just #1, ok 10 to 12 But the other, takes more water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MonkeySeaII said:

I have found that my tank takes a quite a while to fill.  I think it would take an awful lot to fill it in one wknd.  But use the water sparingly.  Only use a little for #1 and don't use a lot of TP

Is yours the 6.5 size?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 6:15 PM, 2004lebanshee said:

Is yours the 6.5 size?

I want to say mine is only 5 gallons but I don't remember exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue is not the tank size but the methodology used by Sea Land for their smaller systems versus their larger ones. On your 265, the waste tank is actually the vacuum accumulator. This works great on smaller boats where the tank is positioned closed to the actual head unit. A simple air pump pulls a heavy vacuum on the small tank, and as the toilet flush valve is opened, this stored vacuum is able to draw the waste the short distance to the tank. Nice system because the air pump never sees the actual waste stream, only air. The waste is held in storage at full vacuum so limited bacterial growth and no fugitive odor emissions. The issue is there is no upgrade to a larger holding tank. The larger chaps have a static, larger actual holding tank that is static, vented to atmosphere, and must be equipped with a completely separate waste transfer system. A diaphragm based waste pump with duck bill inlet and outlet valves builds a vacuum on an inline vacuum accumulator tank, and when the toilet is flushed, this pump pulls and then pushes the waste all the way back to the remote storage tank. Necessary when the toilet and tank are over 15' apart. More complexity in these systems, harder to control fugitive odors form the large waste tank, but they do have higher holding tank capacities.  W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wingnut said:

 The larger chaps have a static, larger actual holding tank that is static, vented to atmosphere, and must be equipped with a completely separate waste transfer system. A diaphragm based waste pump with duck bill inlet and outlet valves builds a vacuum on an inline vacuum accumulator tank, and when the toilet is flushed, this pump pulls and then pushes the waste all the way back to the remote storage tank. Necessary when the toilet and tank are over 15' apart. More complexity in these systems, harder to control fugitive odors form the large waste tank, but they do have higher holding tank capacities.  W

That is how mine is set up and I have a 20 gallon tank. Comes in handy when away from a pump out for 5-6 days at a time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...