NickG

If you’re interested in a Simrek Drive Shower group buy, Ive started one.

I started a group purchase for these Drive showers. If you’re interested, the current discount is about 40 bucks. You’re welcome to call and purchase it under my group name, and you will get the discount too. Here are the details:

For the Simrek Drive Shower order:

OK, the deal is on. He’s going to tally the numbers at the end of the business day a week from today. So next Friday at about 5 o’clock he’ll see what the number is and apply the appropriate discount. It looks like we have more than enough to get a great discount. 

He’s a great guy to talk to. His name is Chuck and the phone number is 352-729-3093. Tell him you are ordering with the group order under Nick Gerace.

He said that, if he’s going to do all of these individually, he would split the shipping. He is asking that we pony up five dollars for shipping.
I have already ordered mine to start us off.

6 hours ago, NickG said:

I started a group purchase for these Drive showers. If you’re interested, the current discount is about 40 bucks. You’re welcome to call and purchase it under my group name, and you will get the discount too. Here are the details:

OK, the deal is on. He’s going to tally the numbers at the end of the business day a week from today. So next Friday at about 5 o’clock he’ll see what the number is and apply the appropriate discount. It looks like we have more than enough to get a great discount. 

He’s a great guy to talk to. His name is Chuck and the phone number is 352-729-3093. Tell him you are ordering with the group order under Nick Gerace.

He said that, if he’s going to do all of these individually, he would split the shipping. He is asking that we pony up five dollars for shipping.

Ya, Chuck is good people. I dealt with him when I got mine.

Great product, the bonus is that I have not had to scrub and detail my out drive in 3 years.

I do not know how it will work for you that dock all season, but for you trailer boaters, this is what you can expect, and their are others here that can attest to it also.

1 season before drive shower.

IMG-1343.jpg

3 seasons after.

IMG-3759.jpg

While I am convinced it will definitely keep the outdrive cool, if all it did was keep it clean like that, it is still worth it to me. I just paid good money to have the outdrive reconditioned and coated. I’d like to try to keep it that way. Thanks for the encouragement!

12 hours ago, NickG said:

While I am convinced it will definitely keep the outdrive cool, if all it did was keep it clean like that, it is still worth it to me. I just paid good money to have the outdrive reconditioned and coated. I’d like to try to keep it that way. Thanks for the encouragement!

I repainted mine in 1992 and every year I had to clean it with a mixture of vinegar and mild rubbing compound to remove the minerals that were boiled on the drive because of the heat. Chuck told me that, that was what was happening, and why there was residue on the upper part of the drive.

The 1st year I had the shower there was a little residue on the area where the bottom bolts are that hold the drive on. So I drilled another set of hole across from that area, and it cured the issue.

I called Chuck, and told him what I had done, and he said that he was going to add those holes. So you will be getting an up graded version.

I Cannot remember exactly when I added the shower, maybe 5-6 yrs ago. Believe it or not, when I wash her down, I wash everything but the drive, it has never been washed since I added the shower. What you see in the picture is the way that it comes out of the water.

If it were to cost twice the price, I would buy it, and save me the 20+ yrs and the hour of scrubbing it took me to get it back to what it looks like now.  Denny.

Love the drive shower!  I also wash the boat after every outing and I no longer have to do the drive either.  I had on on my Alpha and now the BIII

Do the drive showers provide as much benefit when trolling?  My drive generally stays pretty clean when I'm running.  Mine usually only gets the residue when I'm somewhere with a fair amount of time spent in no wake zones.

What company is Chuck with?

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've contacted Simarek and left a voicemail. It should help with the residue on the Bravo3 outdrive. I visited the website as well, I like the no drill feature. Thank you NickG!

27 minutes ago, Phillbo said:

I've never seen a B3 run hot enough to chalk up.... 

Bravo lll's run the hottest of all the Bravo Series. They have bigger gears and bearings.

4 hours ago, SG Boater said:

Do the drive showers provide as much benefit when trolling?  My drive generally stays pretty clean when I'm running.  Mine usually only gets the residue when I'm somewhere with a fair amount of time spent in no wake zones.

Simrek

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 6:13 PM, NickG said:

10 Have ordered so far.

10 ain’t bad I guess. I would have thought we’d be at least 15 by now judging from the interest. But, like you said, many have good intentions, then don’t follow through for whatever reason.  

49 minutes ago, NickG said:

10 ain’t bad I guess. I would have thought we’d be at least 15 by now judging from the interest. But, like you said, many have good intentions, then don’t follow through for whatever reason.  

We're only 3 days into the promotion, so we still have several days to go.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 7:00 AM, SG Boater said:

Chuck here, I am with Simrek Corporation.

I have had mine for about 5 years and I love it. Just have to keep the zebra mussels from plugging mine up. 

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 6:13 PM, NickG said:

We're up to 15 orders!

I’m excited to try mine out this year.  I got my first bravo 3 last year and I had to top off the drive lube twice in one summer.  I have heard different reasons for this, all relating to the high operating temps so I’m hoping maybe this year I won’t lose as much.   Also I hate the chalky residue.  

Thanks for setting this up.

Thanks NickG for getting this group buy together.  I'm on the list and excited to install it before the season starts!