Sign in to follow this  
mactuan12

Water on the carpet

Today I noticed that the carpet at the foot of the stairs by the door to the head is soaked. The 1997 Sig 24 is on a trailer in my driveway, but I had it in the ocean last week. We've had no rain. Could it have come from the rear or forward bilge? The toilet? I did fill the toilet with seawater once last week. It doesn't smell like urine. What should I check for? I'm taking it to the lake on Monday.

Have you used the shower recently?  Does it have a sump to pump the shower water overboard? If yes, it may be clogged and overflowing. 

Make sure your anchor box don't have a hole in it, leaking into the cabin, if there is any water under your V-Birth up front that could be the problem.  Also, your head has a porthole (window) check the seal on that window, it could be leaking.

Could be so many things to include what the others have posted. Check the seal around around your hatch at the bow. If that hatch is leaking, the water can travel over the headliner in your V-Birth and find a path down to the area where you're find water.  Pull out the garden hose and do some checks.  Believe or it or not..water can be coming in way away from where you are actually finding standing water.  

Take a look at the caulking bead around the shower door. The door wall is sealed to the sides with caulking and sometimes it gets dry and cracks.

Also, another possibility is the seal at the base of the windshield, if it is broken, water can leak around a screw hole and follow a wall down to the carpet.