Looking at purchasing a leftover 2019 237 from a dealer.  There’s nothing local so I’m going to have to drive.  My question is,  I’m looking at a lot of different boats some with the smaller v6 with a bravo 3, another boat has the 6.2 with bravo 3.  The  smaller motored boat is considerably closer,  but some thing tells me that I need to go with the 6.2 liter boat.  Would that be the general consensus.

Go with the 6.2 you will not regret having more power. Driving further to get it is just a temporary thing to have a boat you will be much happier with in the long run. I have the 270 HP V8 in my 226 SSi and while it performs nicely I definitely wouldn't be happy with less power. 

I appreciate the feedback.  The 6.2 was my first thought but I keep seeing all these boats with the smaller engine.  I definitely don’t want to be underpowered since this boat will be used for water sports the next 10 years with my boys.

2 hours ago, Lrdchaos said:

I appreciate the feedback.  The 6.2 was my first thought but I keep seeing all these boats with the smaller engine.  I definitely don’t want to be underpowered since this boat will be used for water sports the next 10 years with my boys.

If your into watersports bigger engine is a no brainers. If you only wanted to putt around slowly then it wouldnt matter save your money.

13 hours ago, Lrdchaos said:

I definitely don’t want to be underpowered since this boat will be used for water sports the next 10 years with my boys.

You wouldn't tow with a truck with a small engine; same with boats.  If the budget allows, get the most motor you can.  It will provide the most enjoyment, then sell the quickest when time to part with it, 'cause most everyone else went the smaller motor route  (anyone who has tried to buy a used boat with max motor can attest to this; they're not out there). 

Best of luck, welcome to the forum.

On 3/1/2020 at 7:20 AM, Lrdchaos said:

If you want power and fuel economy, than I would recommend getting a Volvo powered model with the 5.3L V8 300 DP (GM Gen V) version. Will cost some money, but it has greater real world power than the MerCruiser 6.2L and weighs almost 200 lbs less. Can feel the power on tap at 4/5 throttle. If you need to go V6, than the new Volvo 4.3L Gen V beats the MerCruiser 4.5 V6 (which was based off the old GM 4.3L)

As others have said, water sports requires power.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=volvo+4.3L+gen+v&ru=%2fvideos%2fsearch%3fq%3dvolvo%2b4.3L%2bgen%2bv%26FORM%3dHDRSC3&view=detail&mid=3573793BCD2B21948A5F3573793BCD2B21948A5F&&FORM=VDRVRV

I appreciate the feedback.  I’m not going v6 in this boat.  My last boat was a 20.5ft boat with the 5.0mpi and when we loaded it down you could tell.   I’m going with at least 300hp if not 350 with a 23-24 foot boat.  I’ve never had a dual prop drive so that will be a change,  but I want to make sure I have the power on tap when I need it.

13 hours ago, Lrdchaos said:

I appreciate the feedback.  I’m not going v6 in this boat.  My last boat was a 20.5ft boat with the 5.0mpi and when we loaded it down you could tell.   I’m going with at least 300hp if not 350 with a 23-24 foot boat.  I’ve never had a dual prop drive so that will be a change,  but I want to make sure I have the power on tap when I need it.

you're good . . . :D