Sign in to follow this  
Greg954rr

Selling 2008 Sig 270

12 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

Any corrosion in the Seacore housing ?  

None that I have ever seen. Having the closed water cooling is a plus. The boat was a left over 2008 model so I wasn't able to change anything but having the Seacore package was definitely and added benefit.

Greg 

2 hours ago, MontreAl said:

Greg, as you know, I have the same boat and I think it is a bargain at the price you are asking.

Good Luck, Albert

Albert - it is, but my contract for indoor storage expired so I'm now month to month and I would rather sell it fast and not have the storage fee hit the CC each month.  Also, the faster I sell this boat, the faster I can start the search for the next one.........Regal 35 Sport Coupe   :banana2:

10 hours ago, MontreAl said:

Greg, as you know, I have the same boat and I think it is a bargain at the price you are asking.

Good Luck, Albert

I concur. That is a great deal. The replacement cost for a similar boat is MUCH higher.

That'll be gone in a day!  Beautiful boat.  Have you ever had issues with the hatch cracking around the hinges? 

36 minutes ago, TexasPilot71 said:

That'll be gone in a day!  Beautiful boat.  Have you ever had issues with the hatch cracking around the hinges? 

Around the engine hatch? Maybe a little spider crack, nothing serious. My daughter did jump down on the hatch that covers the ladder and cracked it pretty good. Luckily, it was on the bottom side and not the non-slip side and was in one piece so I was able to mix up some fiberglass resin, throw in some additional fiberglass mat and actually made it stronger.  Painted it with some white paint...better than new. 

14 hours ago, Greg954rr said:

Around the engine hatch? Maybe a little spider crack, nothing serious. My daughter did jump down on the hatch that covers the ladder and cracked it pretty good. Luckily, it was on the bottom side and not the non-slip side and was in one piece so I was able to mix up some fiberglass resin, throw in some additional fiberglass mat and actually made it stronger.  Painted it with some white paint...better than new. 

Interesting.  I have the same issue with the ladder cover.  I have an adhesive flooring on it, so that has held everything in place.  I may take it off and do the same thing you did instead of replace it.  Regarding the engine hatch, this is what I was asking about:

8 hours ago, TexasPilot71 said:

Interesting.  I have the same issue with the ladder cover.  I have an adhesive flooring on it, so that has held everything in place.  I may take it off and do the same thing you did instead of replace it.  Regarding the engine hatch, this is what I was asking about:

I have SeaDek on mine and left it in place and just taped over it to keep the fiberglass and then paint off it while I did the repair. I think the SeaDek is why it stayed together so well.