Sign in to follow this  
Vince M

Chaparral 200SSE interior remodel

picked up a 2001 Chaparral 200SSE that needs some work on the interior.  new seats, carpet and upholstery.  looking for recommendations on where to get bucket seats and pedestals along with replacement carpet (tan).  boat sat for a year in the weather so i am reworking a lot. 

8 hours ago, Vince M said:

picked up a 2001 Chaparral 200SSE that needs some work on the interior.  new seats, carpet and upholstery.  looking for recommendations on where to get bucket seats and pedestals along with replacement carpet (tan).  boat sat for a year in the weather so i am reworking a lot. 

I always liked that model; really good value for the money. Sounds like you got the optional Sport seating with twin bucket and rear bench? You're not going to like to hear the price, but I so highly recommend installing newer Chaparral premium bucket seats. What Chaparral offers as an option on SSi, Sunesta etc since MY 2010 or so. Premium bucket is standard equipment I believe on SSx line. Excellent support, easy to get in and out of and very comfortable with added benefit of being fast and easy to change directions. (companies such as Boston Whaler, Sea Ray and Cobalt, etc. could really learn a few things, as their bucket seats designs are terrible by comparison) 

Standard Chaparral flip-up helm bucket from the SSi line

SSi-23-BucketSeat-01-20.jpg

Ultra-Comfort Pedestal Seat with Flip-Up Bolster - Helm (aka Premium bucket with the 'fore-aft' and 'rotate' grab handles)

2018 FLIP UP HELM SEAT  BOLSTER - BLACK STRIPE

Recommend calling Cecil Marine as you don't need a current model year, any of that style from last 10+ year will do. My colour of vinyl is not a 100% match to original upholstery, but you'll care not once you're sitting down in it vs the original bucket seat. Night and day difference, especially in rough water. To save some money, I only installed the standard flip up bolster SSi seat for drivers helm seat, and installed matching colour premium bucket (with pull up handles) for passenger bucket to aid in spotter being able to change seat direction very quick and easily. This style of seat is a little wider than stock 2001 SSi bucket, which in turn may be have a tad bit wider than stock SSe buckets. Seat will bolt right on to your current seat pedastals if wanted or present. OEM seat pedastal was Garelick I believe.

Not going to help you that much, but here is a link to previous Chaparral parts guides.

http://chaparralboats.com/Content.php?content=parts_guides

I know my 2001 186 SSi used this Garelick seat pedastal. Chaparral Premium bucket seats mated right up to them.

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/garelick-boat-seat-pedestal-base-75907-30-2-7-8-dia-x-7-aluminum

Fast forward to 1:28 minute mark or so to see basic operation of the Ultra-Comfort bucket seat (used to be known as Premium bucket seat)

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=chaparral+257+ssx+review+australia&&view=detail&mid=269A263FB9CA79D4C1E0269A263FB9CA79D4C1E0&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dchaparral%2B257%2Bssx%2Breview%2Baustralia%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

For carpet, I believe you have glued on cockpit carpet? (non cockpit liner equipped model) Others on here will hopefully chime in with hard won experience and preference.

Lastly, if your boat does not have an extended swim platform, I cannot say enough about how they enhance the usability and safety once installed. Totally transforms the boat for the better. Probably the # 1 upgrade IMHO for that generation of boat if everything else is sound. Installing SeaDek or Gatorstep, etc. makes it that much more comfortable.

https://swimplatforms.com/make/chaparral/?_sft_model=200-205-sse-le-ssi-mi

200sse_ssi_98-03_chaparral1.jpg

Sincerely apologize if my recommendations are way off base budget wise. Sometimes when in the grip of the Great White North, the very thought of warm sunny weather gets me a little light headed.

Chris

thank you for all the feedback, it is greatly appreciated.  i picked up the boat for next to nothing, so i have some budget to work with.  I was hoping to be able to find replacement cushions for most of the seats, but i am not even able to put my hands on any boat scrap yards that have anything that i may need so i am trying to prioritize which ones to repair now and which ones can wait.  the boat initially had the back to back seats for driver and passenger, but they are gone and i am really not a fan of them anyways, so i want to move to a bucket seat at least on the driver side, if not on both, so thanks for the feedback!  It currently has the motor cover with one small seat on either side of the cover, also not a fan, but im looking for ideas on things others may have done to come up with a better solution there.  No swim deck, but definitely on my list of things to add, whether now or later.

i spent this morning tearing up the floor over the fuel tank due to rot, once i get that back in and a few trim pieces re-built i will be looking hard for flooring and then hopefully tackling the seating and seeing what the engine is going to need.  thanks again for the advice

All the used boat places disappeared 20 ? years ago.  Marinas strip parts & trash the none mechanical stuff of a boat.