Stuart Adair

Coronavirus

Like Texas Pilot, I don't have a strong opinion and I'm not sure what to believe.  But in PA, over 90% of the infected haven't required hospitalization.  Our hospitals aren't overrun and our ventilator situation is good.  While the total numbers continue to rise, the cases are mostly mild and treated at home.  I don't know how this country is going to survive if things don't open up soon.  Everyone will be bankrupt!  But I know we need to continue to stay at home and try to slow the spread.  I'm hoping warm weather will help.

Bigger Picture?

We all have fears, suspicions, and lack enough accurate information to make informed decisions, and the words “out of an abundance of caution” have been repeated as often as the word virus. What we do know is Covid-19 is a complex protein molecule that has been encased in a protective fat. Nothing living there so it can’t be killed. Also nothing natural there which has me of the opinion that it is man-made.

Antidotal evidence continues to pile up pointing the finger at a Chinese experiment that got out of control. Weaponized virus enhanced by its ability to be passed on. Yes, I fear for humanity and look for the day when the curve gets flattened, and some level of normalcy returns. My real fear is when the source of this thing becomes known and the world in mass looks for both reparations and retribution. How does that end?    W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DAI3c9wE0Q&feature=youtu.be

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/01/28/massachusetts-china-indictments-charles-lieber-yanqing-ye-zaosong-zheng/

The following is from a physician, Irene Ken, whose daughter is an Asst. Prof in infectious diseases at Johns Hopkins University. Quite informative.

* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (RNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.

* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.

* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam).

By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.

* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.

* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.

* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.

* NO BACTERICIDE OR ANTIBIOTIC SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; antibodies cannot kill what is not alive.

* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only
-between 3 hours (fabric and porous),
-4 hours (copper and wood)
-24 hours (cardboard),
- 42 hours (metal) and
-72 hours (plastic).

But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.

* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars.

They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.

* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin.

* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.

* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.

* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.

* LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.

* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.

* You have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.

* You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better.

* Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.

-JOHNS HOPKINS HOSPITAL

On 4/3/2020 at 5:24 PM, Wingnut said:

Antidotal evidence continues to pile up pointing the finger at a Chinese experiment that got out of control. Weaponized virus enhanced by its ability to be passed on. Yes, I fear for humanity and look for the day when the curve gets flattened, and some level of normalcy returns. My real fear is when the source of this thing becomes known and the world in mass looks for both reparations and retribution. How does that end?    W

The ONLY Chinese level 4 bio-lab is 12 miles from the Wuhan market where the Chinese virus is believed to have started.  In a country that size, that is not a coincidence.  

Corona viruses do occur "naturally" in the wild (SARS, MERS), but this one escaped from the lab.  If Ebola broke out 12 miles from a US level 4 bio-lab I would be of the same opinion.  Don't try to insult my intelligence with crap comments / reports from "researchers" who are trying to disprove the obvious.  

Likewise the Chinese case and death toll numbers are completely fabricated.  Watch them for a few days on the Hopkins Coronvavirus map.  They are trying to save face with ridiculously low numbers and bs stories about US military planting the virus.  Meanwhile, their crematories are running as fast as a US toilet paper factory.  

They can't / won't accept responsibility for it.  It is too much liability.   

No more made in China garbage.  No more blind lemmings clapping to the "benefits" of globalism.  

I will still by Chow Mein with chicken. 

How many USA citizens do we kill with our own military test experiments ?  Bikini Atoll & other at sea blasts had naval ships in the fall out areas with crews on them.

Can you  believe all this is going on because someone in China slightly under-cooked their bat stew?  There's got to be far more to this than meets the eye, and someone, somewhere has a sinister plan I suspect.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:41 PM, TexasPilot71 said:

Loved the video, by the way.  HA!!

And don't shoot me for the below...it's intended only to provoke thought.  I honestly don't have a strong opinion:

Let me also preface this with this: I believe every human life is precious.  Every one of them.  Even serial killers.  A human life is a human life. 

I'm not advocating that I know more than the health officials, but I can't help thinking about the numbers and wondering whether the ultimate death tally is really worth the destruction we are doing not only to our economy but to our society.  None of us want to be the one to say there are a number of "allowable" and "acceptable" deaths for any one activity, disease, etc.  But consider this: I know it's a bit apples to oranges, but 1,500,000 (1.5 Million) deaths per year occur in automobile accidents.  Every time we buy an automobile or get behind the wheel, aren't we all saying that a certain number of deaths are "acceptable"?  After all, we've bought into the idea that we want this kind of transportation.  If not, then we shouldn't be driving.  I, like you, can't imagine a life where we don't have automobiles, but we have been there before.  It CAN be done.  Again, I'm not advocating that we should go there, but it seems a little disingenuous to say that we should shut down the world for a virus that might kill (on the high end) as many people as die in automobile accidents in one year.  At least we know with a virus, we will have a inoculation within 18 months, and might even have drugs to treat it right now.

I go back and forth on that similar argument - are all these measures needed and appropriate.  What keeps bringing me back to supporting what is happening are the 5,000,000 lives that were lost due to the 1918 flu where they did nothing.  I believe strongly that science will catch up to this thing in due time like it did for bird flu, SARS, Ebola, etc.  Until then, I have to trust the doctors and do what they ask.

BBUUTTT

All the Germ Warfare  Labs are still making more deadly GERMS  /  viruses ......... SOOOO

Put your head between your leggs and kiss your life good bye.

13 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

I go back and forth on that similar argument - are all these measures needed and appropriate.  What keeps bringing me back to supporting what is happening are the 5,000,000 lives that were lost due to the 1918 flu where they did nothing.  I believe strongly that science will catch up to this thing in due time like it did for bird flu, SARS, Ebola, etc.  Until then, I have to trust the doctors and do what they ask.

I was surprised to hear that a compromised zoo worker infected 4 tigers with Corona and they are showing severe symptoms. I see people here keeping their distance, but are allowing neighbors to pet their dogs on a long leash. Seems we all need to re-think this whole thing.

Or have thedog on laps or playing with children on a floor.  The disease is well designed to be spread around.  It is a germ warfare lab product.

I concur about China severally under reporting the numbers.  We had two employees at our facility not far from ground zero.  They got out when the hospitals were being built.  Their comments was that it was much much worse than they saw on TV.  Another observation someone did was look at numbers they reported and it followed a mathematical equation just a little to close.  That is, they believe the numbers were being fabricated to fit a model so it would seem not as bad.  I wish I could find the article.  

What really annoys me about this is that China is clearly to blame for this and yet we, among other nations, flock to China to get medical supplies. I think China is thriving with this. '

I wonder how many Chinese agents are posted around the world collecting data and reporting it back so they can "adjust" the next round. In my opinion, there won't be another World War. China just proved it.

Well Corona has finally personally affected my life. My 26 yr old daughter has tested positive. She is an ER nurse in Indianapolis and we assume she was exposed there. Fortunately she is young and will be ok, although she says the pain and fatigue are almost paralyzing at times.

The one thing that must come from this when "the dust settles" is that we seriously re-evaluate our relationship with China. To me there are just too many coincidences that this came from a bat in an open air market in Wuhan. Factor in the timing of Harvard professor dr. Lieber`s arrest along with his Chinese students from Wuhan arrested with biological weapons at the airport,  to the fact that Wuhan host one if not two biological weapons labs.

While I have no angst against Chinese Americans, nor the majority of the Chinese people, we cannot trust their government any longer. They will never have our best interests at heart. We must pull as many manufacturing jobs back to here as possible, especially the ones that we depend on for our survival such as medical supplies and pharma. If cheap labor is absolutely needed, I rather Mexico have those assembly jobs than China, at least we can keep things on the North American continent and not have an ocean to cross to get to them. I also think that in light of the Harvard incident that we need to re-evaluate the screening of Chinese students allowed in this country for an education.

On 4/8/2020 at 8:50 AM, Chap243 said:

If cheap labor is absolutely needed, I rather Mexico have those assembly jobs than China

Man, that's the best idea I've heard yet!  There will always be demand for cheaply produced items...just the way it is...but yeah, help Mexico boost its economy thus reducing some of the illegal alien issue, all while reducing transit time and cost.  Win-Win!

On 4/8/2020 at 8:50 AM, Chap243 said:

Well Corona has finally personally affected my life.

Will keep your daughter in my prayers.  Glad she's doing "okay".

No idea how things will play out here in central Canada.  We too are shut down in Ontario. Everything including parks and all public gathering places.  And I suspect that will include marinas too once they eventually open for the season.  We are also told do not go to the cottage!  The reason being, that should we fall ill or carry the virus to someone else and make them ill, the medical system in those cottage-country small communities will be very quickly overwhelmed!  Stay the h e l l at home; now is not the time to be selfish. 

And for those who believe in Chinese conspiracy theories, here is an article derived from peer-reviewed science journals to put an and to those myths. 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200317175442.htm

We boaters can instead, embrace the extra time we will have to prep for the season.  I will be pulling the boat out of the garage early next month to get her cleaned up and ready for the season ... just in case we have one.
I usually don’t put in until after May 24 long weekend (typically 1st weekend in June) so I’m not worried yet that the season will be cancelled.  At least the prep work gives me something to look forward to.  

I’m not complaining though.  Being retired and pensioned is a financial blessing for us but my wife is still working since her position is considered “essential” for now.  Fortunately they are closed to the public and she can isolate easily at work.

Until they devise a vaccine or at minimum, a useful treatment for those who get ill, I don’t see a quick end in sight.  So I guess we all just have to hang in there.  Better to isolate now and maybe miss a season or part of one, than to choose to be an idiot and miss all of them!

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

24 minutes ago, KDV said:

And for those who believe in Chinese conspiracy theories, here is an article derived from peer-reviewed science journals to put an and to those myths. 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200317175442.htm

To each their own, but just fyi, this does not disprove its origin.  

read the verbiage of the revision statement.  An engineered virus or a wild one that has been propagated in a lab for "research" will generally not have fingerprints on it.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:21 PM, Dustin Mustangs said:

Marinas in my area are usually letting boats in the water around mid April.  As of now, they are all saying it won’t happen until our stay at home order is lifted.  For the sake of my personal sanity I am just assuming ours somehow gets splashed as planned Memorial Day weekend.

As far as the economy goes, it would of crashed either way.  The people that understand what is going on did not need stay at home orders, they already were.  Even with these unprecedented measures, many hospitals and morgues are already overwhelmed with the apex still nowhere in sight.  Clearly there would of been a huge price to pay in the form of deaths for what would of been a small benefit to the economy.  We know the economy will rebound, the dead loved ones will not.

The marinas in my area are considered "critical" businesses because of their ability to refuel or repair commercial and recreational boats on the IntraCoastal Waterway. So much economic activity is tied to the water that it's foolish to shut marinas down, plus the local waterman ignore stay-at-home orders anyway! Shutdown deprive society of the money to pay for healthcare.

The numbers prove that the ChinaVirus is more bark than bite. Look at the death rates without the ChinaVirus. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm Guess what? Most of people who have pre-existing diseases are more susceptible to the ChinaVirus (or any respiratory virus). It's not worth destroying the economy supporting 350 million people here and by extension the economy of 7 billion around world for the TINY number of ChinaVirus deaths compared to "normal" deaths.

10 hours ago, TexasPilot71 said:

Man, that's the best idea I've heard yet!  There will always be demand for cheaply produced items...just the way it is...but yeah, help Mexico boost its economy thus reducing some of the illegal alien issue, all while reducing transit time and cost.  Win-Win!

Cut regulation and taxes. Hire Americans in low cost of living states. Transport will be easy since it's already within our own borders. We become independent in manufacturing in addition to energy.

Looks like it's over 16 million people filing for unemployment. https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/04/09/another-6-6-million-people-file-unemployment-claims-this-week/ The "cure" is really worse than the disease! We're destroying tens of millions of families in exchange for a few thousand deaths spread over months that can't even compete against "normal" daily death rates. 

From my prospective, the biggest problem with shipping jobs overseas is us. How many times have I read a poster saying he got a great deal by searching the internet. By constantly searching over and over again for the cheapest price, this eventually causes problems for manufacturers at home. MFR's cannot pay labor rates at $30/hr and sell it at a price based on a foreign MFR's $5/hr to remain competitive. Too combat that, they send the MFR'g to a foreign country.  We are shooting ourselves in the foot.  You got what you paid for.

If you want jobs to come back to the USA, you'll have to stop looking for the cheapest price and be prepared to pay a higher price. Pay to play.

1 hour ago, SST said:

From my prospective, the biggest problem with shipping jobs overseas is us. How many times have I read a poster saying he got a great deal by searching the internet. By constantly searching over and over again for the cheapest price, this eventually causes problems for manufacturers at home. MFR's cannot pay labor rates at $30/hr and sell it at a price based on a foreign MFR's $5/hr to remain competitive. Too combat that, they send the MFR'g to a foreign country.  We are shooting ourselves in the foot.  You got what you paid for.

If you want jobs to come back to the USA, you'll have to stop looking for the cheapest price and be prepared to pay a higher price. Pay to play.

Exactly. I started moving to American made products years ago due to my automobile hobby. American made parts were superior to communist chinese parts. American parts were OEM parts for Japanese brands, too. You don't really pay that much more considering domestic availability and generous return policies of American manufacturers. No need to send my money to an evil commie dictatorship. I'll waste my money on fellow Americans instead. Chaparral would be wise to totally cut off chinese manufacturing. Here's a video detailing the lies from the World Health Organization. It's a communist scam, folks!