• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in disbelief  but after seeing that vid, wow I'm convinced. I say open this country back up. With both my kids raised I can say I will sacrifice myself for this economy. My good years are behind me now, women in their 30s don't even give me a second look. Back in the day I could stand 5ft from a urinal and still hit the target, today I'm practically standing in the thing to go. Remember when a haircut looked so good, that was 20 years ago for me. I play in this over 50 baseball league, last year I got thrown out stealing second after the ball went to the backstop (the catcher had a howitzer). When we get rid of these old dudes check craigslist, you will see some pretty nice Chappy's.

4 hours ago, phills fan said:

I was in disbelief  but after seeing that vid, wow I'm convinced. I say open this country back up. With both my kids raised I can say I will sacrifice myself for this economy. My good years are behind me now, women in their 30s don't even give me a second look. Back in the day I could stand 5ft from a urinal and still hit the target, today I'm practically standing in the thing to go. Remember when a haircut looked so good, that was 20 years ago for me. I play in this over 50 baseball league, last year I got thrown out stealing second after the ball went to the backstop (the catcher had a howitzer). When we get rid of these old dudes check craigslist, you will see some pretty nice Chappy's.

Somebody needs a Phil's Game and a cheese steak.

1 hour ago, phills fan said:

Philly cheesesteak, a reason to live.

Havre de Grace Fireworks GOOD. Their "Philly Cheese Steak" not so much. Went to a place on the main drag there a few months ago. Ordered a cheese steak, extra cheese, and a slice, just to try their pizza. When I left for Aberdeen to pick up Evee, I checked my wallet. A 5, 3 ones, and a single Benjamin. Finished lunch, signed the credit card slip, and left the tip in cash. I gathered up Evee, and headed back to her place. Got back home to the Eastern Shore around 2 am, and noticed I had 3 bucks left. Yep, all in those two slices and 2 steaks ran just over $125. Note to self, use your reading glasses when the lights are low. Next time there we better get some good service. Quite frankly, the service was pretty good the first time. Hang in there, Still Pond days are coming.  W

• 11 months later...

Saw the old topic raise its head so its a good time to give you an update. I wasn't taking Covid seriously to be honest and carried on travelling all over the country for work, until four weeks ago I felt really ill and on the Wednesday tested positive. By the Friday my SATS dropped to 86 and I was taken to hospital to be pumped full of oxygen, antibiotics and the same steroids they gave to Donald Trump (So I don't like Mexican food anymore and I feel a compulsion to build walls :D)

They let me out eventually and I ended up spending the next 10 days in bed. I've started to do a few things for work but I'm still really breathless when I walk and get tired really easy.

Please don't be like me guys. Take this thing seriously because if it get's you its horrible.

Keep safe.

Stu

I would also say that there are some opportunities that Covid gave us. There are a lot of services that moved online. We can work from home and I guess this tendency will continue even after the pandemic ends. By the way, I also started to learn a new language. I've chosen Spaning. These apps help me a lot.