Sign in to follow this  
JFil

Radio Not Workimg

2018 230 Suncoast. 
Picked boat up from marina after winter storage. Radio is not working. No power to them. When I turn battery on the remotes blink then go black. Any help please let me know. 

Possibly fuse behind the main head unit ? 

I certainly check the fuses or breaker first. The fact that the remotes light up momentarily confuses me. I would think that if breaker/fuses were bad you would get nothing at all.

Someone left your radio on all winter or your bilge pump or bilge blower was left on.  Check EVERY switch & lights.   Been there. Done all of them at least 1 time.

12 hours ago, JFil said:

2018 230 Suncoast. 
Picked boat up from marina after winter storage. Radio is not working. No power to them. When I turn battery on the remotes blink then go black. Any help please let me know. 

Possibly fuse behind the main head unit ? 

Are your batteries fully charged? If so, than check your voltage, at the battery as a base line, than at the fuse/breaker panel and the radio. 

I had a similar issue when I first got my boat.  I found out that Chaparral wired the radio to battery 2 and not the output of the battery switch.  The boat had spent 6 or more months setting at the marina before I bought it and battery 2 was stone dead.

I rewired all my O B and auto engine  5.0L engines so everything was OFF when the key was removed. end of tired batteries due to lights/ radio VHF etc. Fish finder depth finder. The Ignition switches were all changed to heavier current rating.

just a thought.  Not sure what kind of set up you have, but is the blinking a pattern?  It could be a code trying to tell you what the problem is.

might be worth a quick google search to check.  

I've owned my cruiser for 9 years and have not once turned on the radio. I like peace an quite when I am on the lake. Thats why I have a cruiser, to get away from the noise.

Bingo Phillbo.  I Removed all the insulation from inside the 9.9 & 28 hp fishing boat motors. Put in the super quieting hard rubber padding. 2 stroke O Bs BARK .  At WOT the engines are at a very pleasant  level now.   Nice to hear just the bow wave noise.  :wub:

I love being a passenger on a sailboat.  Life is good then.

Check the voltage at the red and yellow wires behind your head unit to see if it's getting any power. Also trace the wire going from your remote to your head and see if you have loose connection there.  But yes, definitly check all fuses there is one inline behind your headunit and probably one between the remote wire and your head unit as well.  

On 4/10/2020 at 8:55 PM, Phillbo said:

I've owned my cruiser for 9 years and have not once turned on the radio. I like peace an quite when I am on the lake. Thats why I have a cruiser, to get away from the noise.

I am just the opposite. I wife is always saying "does it need to be so loud!" 

I bought a bluetooth headset last year and use it extensively while cruising....... has eliminated all of the "it's to loud"or " will you please turn that down" etc ...:clapsmiley: