Denny

Fishing With A Friend

If I want to take a friend, or my son that lives in phoenix, when he comes to visit, fishing, or for a boat ride, and he and I both ware gloves and a mask, how much safer can it be. In Ohio, they are now letting charter boats out, with limited people, and 6 ft spacing. Well there is no way, when you get fishermen on a boat that, that 6 ft rule is going to prevail. I would fell safer doing that then being in public places where people are still not playing by the rules.  Denny.

Last week, I was riding my bike up the Niagara River. A really nice day. In an area that has a very favorite [and located] restaurant, it was a high concentration of people walking around the immediate area. The parking lot was full! A few boats launched and THIS without the restrictions lifted yet. I can't wait to see what happens when the chains are removed from the masses.

This situation is almost like a dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

For now, I'll stick to the general rule of social distance and carry my mask for unavoidable encounters. 

When we start boating ?  Full face & gloves as I uncover the boat.  Better yet. I will help the boats out of storage.  

Edit      I  will not do boating on other boats or have anyone but the wife with me.  To risky for us.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 7:51 PM, Denny said:

If I want to take a friend, or my son that lives in phoenix, when he comes to visit, fishing, or for a boat ride, and he and I both ware gloves and a mask, how much safer can it be. In Ohio, they are now letting charter boats out, with limited people, and 6 ft spacing. Well there is no way, when you get fishermen on a boat that, that 6 ft rule is going to prevail. I would fell safer doing that then being in public places where people are still not playing by the rules.  Denny.

Yeah it's gonna be an interesting summer, for sure.  If they allow you to boat in the first place, I would just go out like you normally do and if you have a friend visiting like you mentioned, wear the masks just to be safe and try to make the best of it.  Things are definitely going to be different moving forward, but I would still take every precaution possible.

1 hour ago, Hatem said:

Yeah it's gonna be an interesting summer, for sure.  If they allow you to boat in the first place, I would just go out like you normally do and if you have a friend visiting like you mentioned, wear the masks just to be safe and try to make the best of it.  Things are definitely going to be different moving forward, but I would still take every precaution possible.

Good to here from you again, it's been awhile:).

Well yesterday went out on my shake down cruise, only a couple of minor issues. still can't get the power steering to work right.  

Speaking about that, SST is your steering easy (like a car, or like a truck)? Mine is just a little better then no power steering at all.

One small charging issue, soon to be taken care of, just a little wire rerouting. AMP gauge not registering.

Also the DNR was at the launch ramp. I was told that there are no restrictions on fishing with a non family member, nor wearing a protective mask, but they recommend wearing one. So I guess here in Ohio the pleasure boating restrictions are gone. Charter boats still have restrictions, and no out of state fishing licenses, to fish Ohio waters.  ODC (one day closer)  Denny.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 12:17 AM, Denny said:

Good to here from you again, it's been awhile:).

Same here, my friend.  Just got really busy there for a while and then all this crap happened. 

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 12:17 AM, Denny said:

Well yesterday went out on my shake down cruise, only a couple of minor issues. still can't get the power steering to work right.  

Nice.  But this was just released by Massachusetts Environmental Police.  I'm wondering how the harbor masters and US Coast Guard are going to handle things this summer with all this stuff going on.  They already run around with a heavy hand (as you probably heard from all my run-ins with them LOL) so now it will be interesting to see how much tougher they decide to get and enforce things like no rafting with other boats?  The beaches around here are nothing but boats rafted one to the other for miles.  Not sure how they're gonna handle that.

pic.twitter.com/Hlo2EovpPr

No charter boat using the 6 foot rule will ever sail, there arent enough customers to pay for the fuel

Lake Texoma has been hoppin' the last couple weekends.  One day even looked like the busiest summer day!  Took some friends we haven't seen since the start of this thing and brought along the new Seadoo!  Even flew the new drone and got some nice video.  Enjoy!

Nice

On 5/5/2020 at 12:17 AM, Denny said:

Speaking about that, SST is your steering easy (like a car, or like a truck)? Mine is just a little better then no power steering at all.

I would say my power steering is less easy compared to my truck or car but much much better than none at all. 

My only gripe with my steering is the "play" in the steering wheel. When centered the steering wheel will move plus or minus a couple of inches without it moving the drive. Its kinda annoying but it has never gotten worse over the years. Even when I bang into things! :D

I had a car with that symptom.  Got lucky as can be.  Ball joint had a nut getting looser. Was the cause.

5 hours ago, SST said:

I would say my power steering is less easy compared to my truck or car but much much better than none at all. 

My only gripe with my steering is the "play" in the steering wheel. When centered the steering wheel will move plus or minus a couple of inches without it moving the drive. Its kinda annoying but it has never gotten worse over the years. Even when I bang into things! :D

6 hours ago, TexasPilot71 said:

Lake Texoma has been hoppin' the last couple weekends.  One day even looked like the busiest summer day!  Took some friends we haven't seen since the start of this thing and brought along the new Seadoo!  Even flew the new drone and got some nice video.  Enjoy!

Nice video, thanks for sharing.  Denny.

6 hours ago, SST said:

Thanks Dan for your impute, we only have each other to compare notes with.The only thing that will get rid of the access play in the steering is to replace the cable, and then it still does not get rid of all of the play, trust me, I have replaced 2 of them.  Denny.

My 2 boats have Teleflex   units. Both are sloppy.  Several mechanics say it is normal.  Been like yours since new.  In high waves I am turning the wheel every 2 or 3 seconds to keep the bow in the direction needed.  I would need to convert to a geared Rack & Pinion system to be like a car.

11 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

My 2 boats have Teleflex   units. Both are sloppy.  Several mechanics say it is normal.  Been like yours since new.  In high waves I am turning the wheel every 2 or 3 seconds to keep the bow in the direction needed.  I would need to convert to a geared Rack & Pinion system to be like a car.

I talked with a guy from Teleflex about changing mine to a gear type that they offer, he said that it has play in it also.  Denny.