Signiture 310 - Toilette only on fresh water?

Hi guys,

my Doral in the past as well as my Chaparral 310 Signiture are using fresh water for the flush toilette with a holding tank.

I am not sure why Chaparral doesn't build in a sea water pass to save fresh water when we are underway.

But is there any good reason for that?

I am thinking about to change it with an additional pump and valve.

What is your thinking?

Because seawater introduces it's own headaches. It can cause nasty smells, it adds another through-hull, and an additional pump.

Why do you not want to use freshwater? Do you actually use up your entire tank of fresh water? My holding tank is almost always full before my freshwater tank is empty, but I also don't drink or cook with my freshwater tank. It's reserved exclusively for washing hands and rinsing things off, no ingestion.

1 hour ago, rjbergen said:

Because seawater introduces it's own headaches. It can cause nasty smells, it adds another through-hull, and an additional pump.

Why do you not want to use freshwater? Do you actually use up your entire tank of fresh water? My holding tank is almost always full before my freshwater tank is empty, but I also don't drink or cook with my freshwater tank. It's reserved exclusively for washing hands and rinsing things off, no ingestion.

As he said!!! And then some...

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for your feedback!

Actually we want to do a tour in the Mediterranean Sea which will last about 2 weeks or longer.
We use the water for showers, toilette, cooking and wash dishes. I expect we can not get water everywhere.

Also I am a sailor and used to stay on cats like a Lagoon 380. We always used see water with a holding tank without any problem or smell.

I am thinking about if the holding tank as well as the pumps within the tank are build just for fresh water...  What do you think? 

Foreign country water quality ?   I would  refill the fresh water tank in the Med. with  at least  tested Chlorinated Water .  Russian Roulette  on water quality & parasites around the world.

Hi,

so far always it was like at our home there.

Clean water from the sources in the sourounding hills. 

In the marina at every mooring you haveeven the choice between desalinated water for cleaning the boat and fresh water for the kitchen.

Perfecto ;-)