Sign in to follow this  
DonziDon

2003 210 SS Bilge blower hoses

I need to replace the bilge blower hoses on my boat.  When I got the boat it he hoses were torn and not connected.  I bought a be replacement hose.  Does anyone have photos of how the hoses are connected on and around the white blower T   Thanks 

Figured I would check one more time.  Anyone here with a 2003 210ss?  I am going to replace all of the blower hoses and was hoping to see a photo of how there were originally.  When I got the boat they were just hanging from the transom.  I have the white T from the blower and it looks like there are 2 points where the hoses are screwed down to with a screw and large washer.  Any help is much appreciated!!  Thanks

Sorry I don't have a 210SS nor have I ever seen how the blower hoses were setup from the factory on one,  but I might be able to offer some advice.  

The intake hose should be on the opposite side of the boat/bilge as the exhaust hose that connects to the bilge blower.  Both hoses should go to the lower part of the bilge as fuel vapors settle there.

If you post some pictures I might be able to offer more specific advice.

check your vents, the one that catches the air, the one facing forward is the inlet to the bilge and is just the hose .

the other vent facing aft is the  discharge hose from the blower , the blower pulls air FROM the hull  and out the vent

So vent to hose, hose to blower, hose from blower to bottom of hull

On 5/20/2020 at 2:24 PM, Bt Doctur said:

check your vents, the one that catches the air, the one facing forward is the inlet to the bilge and is just the hose .

the other vent facing aft is the  discharge hose from the blower , the blower pulls air FROM the hull  and out the vent

So vent to hose, hose to blower, hose from blower to bottom of hull

The 210 has the four round vents in two separate slots under the back edge of the sunpad. Left of the speaker in the pic....y4mbRdGoU5S0_SEHEhjhL3csEEtAzBhVGRprizqS

Boat is in garage tarped so going from memory, but I only recall one hose/side, even if two vents/side.  Regardless, in general the layout is hose(s) from port side just hang down into the bilge area to supply air.  The hose(s) from the starboard side connect to the outlet of the T at the blower for the air to be discharged.  The other side of the tee has a short piece that just hangs down into the bilge so that air is drawn from the lowest point.  Haven't paid much attention to the port side inlets, but I can't recall two hoses on the starboard side.  I know for a fact on mine only one hose is attached to the outlet side of blower and a short piece on the intake side hangs down into the bilge because I had to replace that one.  

Correction,  just went and looked.  No hoses attached to port vents.  Both on starboard, one serves as supply air to the bilge, other as described above going to the blower outlet with a short piece on the blower inlet side to draw air from the bilge.

Mine is in storage, I will look next time I get down there.

15 hours ago, SG Boater said:

Correction,  just went and looked.  No hoses attached to port vents.  Both on starboard, one serves as supply air to the bilge, other as described above going to the blower outlet with a short piece on the blower inlet side to draw air from the bilge.

SG, I just watched my wall access video on my YT channel and you are probably right. I can clearly see a hose on the starboard side but I can't spot anything on the port side.

Not sure why they did this.  Theoretically the supply air is just pulling what was just exhausted since they're right next to each other.  You would normally want cross ventilation.  Maybe Chap's thinking is the Port vents are close to the gas fill and they didn't want to pull those fumes in?  

2 hours ago, SG Boater said:

Not sure why they did this.  Theoretically the supply air is just pulling what was just exhausted since they're right next to each other.  You would normally want cross ventilation.  Maybe Chap's thinking is the Port vents are close to the gas fill and they didn't want to pull those fumes in?  

My 226 is the same way,  and technically wrong. Seems like they didn’t care to follow the guidelines. I’m thinking about reconfiguring mine to be correct. 

Seems like it should enter from starboard and exit to port. 

Maybe Eng. and Q C were on vacation ?    Saved money on longer hose  & hose clamp ?