Sign in to follow this  
Youngz

Price of replacing the vinyl in my boat

Curious if anyone has a ballpark on the cost to replace all the vinyl in a 2003 243 Sunesta.. a couple seats have minor issues and in the next couple years I might just replace all.   Probably not he best use of money since most seats are in great shape.  Just do not want mismatched vinyl.

Take pics. Minot issues could be repaired. A full reupholster from a good shop would probably cost $3-5k.

Yikes.  I was afraid of that.  I’ll take some pics when I back at the lake.  Thanks for input

You can do repeated careful cleaning every sunny day. It WILL DO WONDERS.  Been there over 82 years.  That buys a lot of eating out with G & T.   :clapsmiley:

13 hours ago, drewm3i said:

Take pics. Minot issues could be repaired. A full reupholster from a good shop would probably cost $3-5k.

I’d agree with this ballpark. I had a 1997 Four Winns 240 Horizon bowrider. We had all of the flat seats and the small rear sunpad recovered with fresh vinyl for about $2k. We took all of the seats out and brought them to the upholstery shop  

We did not touch the two captains chairs, the bow seat backrests, or any of the side bolsters. We also did not have any repairs made such as replacing wood, threaded inserts, or screws. 

Doing the whole interior would probably be in the $3k - $5k. 

3 hours ago, rjbergen said:

I’d agree with this ballpark. I had a 1997 Four Winns 240 Horizon bowrider. We had all of the flat seats and the small rear sunpad recovered with fresh vinyl for about $2k. We took all of the seats out and brought them to the upholstery shop  

We did not touch the two captains chairs, the bow seat backrests, or any of the side bolsters. We also did not have any repairs made such as replacing wood, threaded inserts, or screws. 

Doing the whole interior would probably be in the $3k - $5k. 

If he wants it factory stitched, colors, etc...maybe even more than $5k.

Yeah I only have a couple small knicks but they might get worse.  Seats are conditioned and cleaned often.  I’m just afraid if I do just couple of seats the vinyl color difference would be really obvious.  But I will just get the seats repaired in the off season this time.  I love my boat but $3-5k is probably not worth it.  Thanks all 

Almost all scratches & rips or stains are by marina staff & mechanics with tools or greasy shoos. 

1 hour ago, cyclops2 said:

Almost all scratches & rips or stains are by marina staff & mechanics with tools or greasy shoos. 

+1