cmcc04

Sunesta 263/274 listing to one side

I have a 2004 Sunesta 274 and it has a definite list to the starboard side when it is floating at rest.  Are there any known issues that cause this list or is it really just a weight balance thing?  It does seem that most of my heavy items are on the starboard side like the two batteries, my onboard battery charger, my two subwoofers, my amps, and my tools in front of the helm.  Some of this is by design since these things are located in the compartments that they were designed for.  I also don't fill the water tank that is located on the port side next to the engine.  I suppose that the extra weight of the filled water tank could help as a counter balance but I hate to tow that extra weight if I am not going to use it (we don't use the faucet in our sink and we pretty much trailer our boat everywhere).   Another possibility is trapped water in the hull.   I don't think that it is trapped water as the boat is stored out of the water on its trailer (in Arizona so it is very dry) and is only in the water maybe a total of 3 weeks out of the year and I pull the plug every time when I leave the lake.

Maybe I should move my batteries and on board charger to the port side in the engine bay to help redistribute some weight.

Let me know if you have any thoughts, comments or suggestions on my listing issue.  I appreciate your feedback.  Thanks! 

Definitely a storage issue... I'd live with it if you have trim tabs.

I'm curious, living in Tucson, where do you boat? 

18 minutes ago, Phillbo said:

Definitely a storage issue... I'd live with it if you have trim tabs.

I'm curious, living in Tucson, where do you boat? 

I had a friend that lived in Tuscon and he would  trailer his boat to I think to Lake Pleasant.  Denny. 

Ugh.. why would anyone drive 2.5 hours to boat on Lake Pleasant...  I hate that lake. Too many posers and drunks. It's not safe most of the time. 

We usually go to Apache Lake and drive down Apache Trail from the Roosevelt dam.  The road isn't too bad these days on Apache Trail and the lake is beautiful.  We also go to Lake Powell for a week each year.

I don't have trim tabs but I will try rearranging some of my heavier cargo.

Static leaning should not be serious IF the people allow you to move them around as needed while moving.  I move people into chatting groups. That keeps the boat level enough at the dock & running.  

On 5/20/2020 at 7:06 PM, cmcc04 said:

We usually go to Apache Lake and drive down Apache Trail from the Roosevelt dam.  The road isn't too bad these days on Apache Trail and the lake is beautiful.  We also go to Lake Powell for a week each year.

I don't have trim tabs but I will try rearranging some of my heavier cargo.

Apache is a beautiful lake. Too bad the old saloon down by the docks was moved up the hill... The area downstream  by the dam reminds me a lot of powell. 

I assume you put in at Burnt Corral .....

I keep my cruiser at Wahweap... 

23 hours ago, Phillbo said:

Ugh.. why would anyone drive 2.5 hours to boat on Lake Pleasant...  I hate that lake. Too many posers and drunks. It's not safe most of the time. 

Never had any issues on any of the lakes that I have boated on out there, we always boat during the week.  Denny.