Sign in to follow this  
Captain Anthony

Depth finder issues

There is some kind of gel on the transducer where it makes contact (like Vaseline?). Transducer clicks Into place. Make sure you have a good solid contact, I had the same problem. 

I had the same issues. The dealer sent me a new transducer (no gel). This new transducer stopped working same as the original. Any idea what the gel is? The dealer has no idea.

I am having issues with the depth reading in the Viper 2 system. I recently purchased a new 2019 223 vrx. The depthfinder

worked for the first day and then gradually stopped working. The dealer sent me a new transducer (no gel) I tried it yesterday and it

displayed the incorrect depth (i was in 40 feet of water and it read 7') Then toward the end end of the day it stopped working

the same as the original transducer (no reading). Any have any ideas?

Bad run of transducers to me seems obvious.

Demand another transducer. Free of charge installed.

Thank you for the input. I also reached out to Chaparral and Medallion several times (both by phone and message) weeks ago with NO reply from either.

I like the boat, however the customer service from both manufactures is very poor. My dealer has no clue about the Medallion system which makes this

issue even worse.

I did a web search of the company. The Marine division seems to stop at 2017. Nothing  is currently active.  Chap got a great deal on out of production units ?

Interesting, when I called Medallion they do have an extension for the marine division tech support. I did send two requests and left two VM with no response.

What's frustrating is they have a "contact them" on their website. If they are not going to answer the request, they need remove the "contact them" from their website.

Clearly they do not care about their customers?