Sign in to follow this  
brclark82

Empty waste tank at home?

I had some fresh water system issues this spring and I have the issue fixed but in the process I ran a decent amount of water thru my vacuflush toilet.  It is showing 3/4 full and I know the only thing in it is some fresh water and a little bleach, no waste.  As a matter of fact I don’t think it has ever had any waste in it. 

Anyway, our local lake doesn’t have pump out service and don’t really want to make a trip to a lake further away just to empty it so I was wondering if there was anything I could do at home?

I bought a waste pump, and mounted it to a hand cart, with a battery, on/off switch, and two 1-1/2" transfer hoses. I pack the boat you to the garage where I have a quick coupler mounted, and pump the waste tank into my domestic sanitary system. Easy, free, convenient, safe, and odorless. If you have 115 VAC nearby, you can buy a 115 volt AC transfer pump and do plug and play. Or is it plug and pump?  W

I don’t have a pump out on my boat, it needs to be pumped...I’ve actually never done it before on any boat so I’m pretty much clueless

You'll need to buy a macerator pump and pump it into your clean out at home. 

That’s kinda what I figured...not gonna happen, I guess I’ll wait until the first week of July when I’m at LOTO