Hi, I have a 2005 210 SSi inboard/outboard with tower that we have been wakeboarding behind for years. But the wake is not the best for stunts and tricks. Its good but I want to improve it. I am about to purchase some ballast bags for more weight because we know a boat full of people provides a deeper wake. But I wanted to know if a different prop type would have any affect on the wake. And with 700 extra pounds in boat will a better prop help with power? I only need to maintain speeds of  18-24 mph. I have the original prop on the boat still and need to replace it anyway. Please advise.

I don’t believe the prop will affect the wake itself.  However going with a lower pitch will allow you to get on plane at a lower speed possibly, and with the added weight from the bags combined that could increase the wake. On my last boat,  I went with a 5 blade prop for hole shot and low speed maneuverability for water sports.

3 hours ago, Lrdchaos said:

I don’t believe the prop will affect the wake itself.  However going with a lower pitch will allow you to get on plane at a lower speed possibly, and with the added weight from the bags combined that could increase the wake. On my last boat,  I went with a 5 blade prop for hole shot and low speed maneuverability for water sports.

Thank you Lrdchaos! I think I'll try that.

5 minutes ago, drewm3i said:

I would highly advise against loading a boat down with ballast bags for water sports (unsafe)...try a new prop or a new boat.

Please advise on how a ballast bag makes the boat unsafe?

8 minutes ago, Lrdchaos said:

By loading the boat down, the boat will sit lower in the water which could make it swamp easier in rough water. It can also make it a little unstable as a moderate vee hull like your Chap is not made to plow through the water. With enough weight, the boat would act as though it is filled with water and be more prone to capsizing. 700lbs is not that much, but just don't overdo it with thousands of pounds.

9 minutes ago, Lrdchaos said:

You just have to watch the weight to make sure you are not over weight capacity limit. Also the added weight in the stern can cause odd handling and in the right conditions could cause the stern to be swamped. 

You should be ok with 700# but you will be disappointed. Your boat is not designed to generate the wake you are looking for. It's made to cut thru the water, not plow it like a wake boat. 

Best & biggest wakes that last for over 70' behind a boat. Is a wooden cabin cruiser that carries 17 people & goodies . It is a round bottomed hull .  Massive 4 to 5' wake. 

Buy a boat that parties & wakes.

There is NO  NO substitute fo massive cruisers & all that it offers to a group of wake surfers . AND their friends & partying.  Cruisers are the only SAFE way. With a 4 person PWC or a bow rider to pick up the fall downs.