Sign in to follow this  
MonacoMike

2007 276 SSX, What to look for before buying?

I am looking at a 2007 276 SSX.   8.1 Volvo, (always had Merc before).  

What trouble spots do these have?

Thanks in advance for input,  Mike

No trouble spots, just do a thorough check on the entire boat as you would on any used boat purchase.  Don’t know much about the Volvo motors so maybe someone will chime in, but the boat is only as good as the motor that’s in it so check everything.      It’s a great boat, nice ride and handles the chop with ease.   

Monaco Mike, Good Luck finding a nice freshwater 276ssx...I flew from Pittsburgh to Minneapolis last week to look at a 9 out of 10 276...when I got there, the boat was probably a 6.5 out of 10 and the trailer was a 5 out of 10....the kicker was the guy was asking a ton of money for it.   Good luck, not sure where you are located, but if I can help you by looking at one for you I will.  I just put a deposit on a 2011...Its actually a 12 out of 10...I have been looking for 2.5 years...Cheers, Mike

Did you end up making a deal on the 2007?  This spring I purchased a 2006 276.  Love it so far....mine has the Mercruiser 496 bravo 3. Very pleased so far with the boat!

On 6/22/2020 at 11:50 PM, Summer Shandy said:

Did you end up making a deal on the 2007?  This spring I purchased a 2006 276.  Love it so far....mine has the Mercruiser 496 bravo 3. Very pleased so far with the boat!

I did!  I bought the 276 SSX from near Detroit.  I was the first sea trial he did and he had 2 others scheduled the next day and 3-4 others begging for the chance to buy it.  It is a very clean vessel, I call it a 9, my admiral an 8.  Great boat!

On 6/20/2020 at 8:36 PM, opendieforger said:

Monaco Mike, Good Luck finding a nice freshwater 276ssx...I flew from Pittsburgh to Minneapolis last week to look at a 9 out of 10 276...when I got there, the boat was probably a 6.5 out of 10 and the trailer was a 5 out of 10....the kicker was the guy was asking a ton of money for it.   Good luck, not sure where you are located, but if I can help you by looking at one for you I will.  I just put a deposit on a 2011...Its actually a 12 out of 10...I have been looking for 2.5 years...Cheers, Mike

Has your deal worked out?  Mine did!