Service Locations?

It appears that there is no longer a Vortex service facility in the Houston/Galveston area.  I have a 3 year old boat that no one will service now.  Did something happen to Chaparral or Vortex that I should know?

Thanks for comments.  Action Boat Center in Kemah is a temporary building in a vacant lot.  They do not have a service department and do not answer their phone.  Marine Max has done it up until just now, but are now declining to service them.  Yes, it is the same engine as a Sea-Do, but that dealer also wants nothing to do with it.   So I appear to be completely without a authorized service facility here in a very large boating market. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes the BRP Rotax is common to Seadoo PWCs & boats, however the Candoo & buds diagnostic sofware tools are not compatible with the Chaparral software.

BRP can tell u where the nearest authorized VRX repair shop is. In my case it is an hour away whereas my Seadoo shop is 5 minutes away. Hopefully some Seadoo shops will get the tools to troubleshoot the VRXs. So far u cannot purchase the VRX diagnostic software, but I expect Chaparral will get there act together in the future and offer the software and expand the authorized shops.   

To find the nearest authorized Rotax repair shop, I had better success contacting BRP Customers Services directly. Many of the Chaparral dealers don't know much about the VRXs  yet.

I don't know about NC shops. I do know the VRXs are built in Nashville Georgia. 

• 1 year later...

I can tell you exactly where you can find a facility to fix your car without too much problem. If you're looking for a good service facility and don't know where to look, here is the place to go. I recall looking for reviews and trying to find them, and I recommend reading https://marathon-petroleum.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html because it helped me a lot to understand and there are no difficulties anymore. I hope I was of assistance.