Can I add a second fridge to a Sig270?

Do you eat in your cabin or sleep only?

In my Signature 260 we use the cabin to sleep only and I fit a cooler/freezer under the cushion with some wood around to support the mattress.

When we want to access the freezer, we just lift the cushion at the same time as the freezer cover. Works very well.

I would have put pictures to show, but the website allows only 20KB !! or less, and even at 16K it doesn't load...   20KB in 2020!!

7 hours ago, wave34 said:

Do you eat in your cabin or sleep only?

In my Signature 260 we use the cabin to sleep only and I fit a cooler/freezer under the cushion with some wood around to support the mattress.

When we want to access the freezer, we just lift the cushion at the same time as the freezer cover. Works very well.

I would have put pictures to show, but the website allows only 20KB !! or less, and even at 16K it doesn't load...   20KB in 2020!!

Upload them here: https://imgbb.com/

Link them as direct links.

6 hours ago, DarkMantle said:

We sleep, eat, watch TV in the cabin. But we'd like to use the current fridge for food and the one I want to put in the cockpit would be used for drinks primarily. 

Go for it, what in particular do you need help with? Pictures of the area?

Should be as simple as mounting the unit and running properly sized wires to a switch with a properly rated breaker.

What you need to think about is power management. You need to ask your self, with a 2nd fridge how long will my batteries last? Do I need to add another battery to the house bank?  

4 hours ago, Iggy said:

What you need to think about is power management. You need to ask your self, with a 2nd fridge how long will my batteries last? Do I need to add another battery to the house bank?  

Absolutely I will add a second house battery if I do this. 

As for what I need help with: Do they sit on a shelf or are they actually mounted to the frame of the opening and float so to speak?  I imagine I'd have to fabricate some type of frame around it. 

1 hour ago, DarkMantle said:

Absolutely I will add a second house battery if I do this. 

As for what I need help with: Do they sit on a shelf or are they actually mounted to the frame of the opening and float so to speak?  I imagine I'd have to fabricate some type of frame around it. 

I am not sure. I would download the instructions before I would buy it.