site turning to @#$%@# without mod intervention

Honestly, the site has kind turned to sh1t regardless of the spammers...no one posts or cares about mods, projects, pictures, trips, etc. anymore, rather it is "I am a newbie that bought a boat with no knowledge and what does this button do? Or why won't my boat start?" LOL

11 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

How quickly some of us  become boating snobs.

Not a snob my friend, just genuinely intrigued by how no one seemingly cares about projects, boating trips, sharing stories and pictures, etc. anymore. People only want free advice to fix their problems without investing in the Chap community.

The Covid 19 has done a real disaster to brand new boating.  But there is a odd side occurring locally.  Lots of used boats have found homes. So the boat forums should be seeing a lot of basic questions. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2020 at 9:24 AM, ramoszx12r@comcast.net said:

The marina that I purchased my boat  from sold out of all the use boat they had. I am still wanting on my, maybe next weekend. 

I never got a chance to congratulate you on that beauty of yours.  And a 2020 makes me feel how old my 2010 276 is getting every friggin year lmaooo.

But seriously, you got a nice-looking boat and one of the better colors IMO.  Did you post any full-size pics of it on any thread?  If so, could you link them for me or even post them here again, I'm sure @Bt Doctur won't mind as it'll also keep this thread bumped for the mods to stay on top of the spammers.  We got hit hard this weekend but they took care of it quickly, I think.  Anyway, looking forward to some pics of the that red 2020 24 ssi.  

On 6/29/2020 at 11:54 PM, drewm3i said:

Honestly, the site has kind turned to sh1t regardless of the spammers...no one posts or cares about mods, projects, pictures, trips, etc. anymore, rather it is "I am a newbie that bought a boat with no knowledge and what does this button do? Or why won't my boat start?" LOL

I've been saying the same thing for a few years now, also, brohand.  My windlass thread had some pretty decent feedback and a lot of views so that was pretty good.  And coming up next  is the bow thruster which I was supposed to do it this spring but then covid threw everything for a loop.  But now I'm even more jacked up about it and that should be an exciting thread.

Can you link that thread you just did for the work you on the Chappy?  I think it was refurbishing your outdrive and maybe other things with the engine?  I know you texted it to me but if you don't mind linking it here, it would be easier and better for me and anyone else who might want to check it out.  Thx, man!

1 hour ago, Hatem said:

I never got a chance to congratulate you on that beauty of yours.  And a 2020 makes me feel how old my 2010 276 is getting every friggin year lmaooo.

But seriously, you got a nice-looking boat and one of the better colors IMO.  Did you post any full-size pics of it on any thread?  If so, could you link them for me or even post them here again, I'm sure @Bt Doctur won't mind as it'll also keep this thread bumped for the mods to stay on top of the spammers.  We got hit hard this weekend but they took care of it quickly, I think.  Anyway, looking forward to some pics of the that red 2020 24 ssi.  

I've been saying the same thing for a few years now, also, brohand.  My windlass thread had some pretty decent feedback and a lot of views so that was pretty good.  And coming up next  is the bow thruster which I was supposed to do it this spring but then covid threw everything for a loop.  But now I'm even more jacked up about it and that should be an exciting thread.

Can you link that thread you just did for the work you on the Chappy?  I think it was refurbishing your outdrive and maybe other things with the engine?  I know you texted it to me but if you don't mind linking it here, it would be easier and better for me and anyone else who might want to check it out.  Thx, man!

Thanks man. I will be taking some pictures soon, I will post them. The weather in my area is not cooperating  with me plus my work is crazy busy. I have 12.7 hr so far and I love everything about it, is a sweet boat.

10 hours ago, Hatem said:

I remember when I first acquired my boat, and I had an issue with it, found this site and posted the question. Nobody replied. I thought what good is this site and I didn't come back for awhile. But the problem persisted and I came back and posted again. Finally somebody responded and I've been here ever since. 

Ya gotta start somewhere. Post #1 is usually where it is.

DIY  boating requires  several different trades and  fields. A lot of people Just do not have the interest to acquire the knowledge or equipment to do troubleshooting.  Not to many people want to do the guessing of which part is a problem. The parts are outrageously over priced.. a simple temperature switch cost pennies to build. Volvo charges between $30 & $135 for one of them. Other companies sell same types for $6 to  $13 .