256 ssi stereo upgrade

Just purchased a 2005 256 ssi. Boat has 6 speakers (2 bow, 2 by the captains chairs, and two near rear seat). However, I’m pretty sure the radio is original and does not have Bluetooth. 

looking to upgrade so we can listen from our phones. Any recommendations?  I don’t need anything crazy but want to be able to hear while on plane. 

the stereo remotes are also probably original pretty ugly. Recommendations?

its the jbl stereo and the remotes are rectangle. 

9 hours ago, kjk05006 said:

I don’t need anything crazy but want to be able to hear while on plane

Good chance this will not improve with just a head unit swap. If there is an external amp, you need to investigate its wattage and tuning. If there is no external amp, I would suggest installing one. 

Clarion is another good option to look at. 

23 minutes ago, Toddler said:

Fusion makes and Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the aux port on the back of the radio. It worked great for me.

m

True. It has good reviews. Although a 15 year old JBL head unit is at the end of its life. 

19 hours ago, rjbergen said:

Fusion MS-RA70NSX is great. It supports Bluetooth, SiriusXM, and NMEA2K network. You could save money and go with the MS-RA70 if you only want Bluetooth and FM radio. 

yep! or any Fusion head unit.