Multi gauge (Twin engine) anyone find a solution?

So....As the proud owner of a "older" Chaparral " I have come to realize not all boats are created equal. This is the first time in my boating experience that I have come across a manufacture that did not consider that their boats would be around 10-15 maybe 20 years it seems....Why would a manufacture use a non serviceable component in their vessels? I have a 2005 Signature 310 that if I had a engine part failure I could get a replacement through Volvo, If I had a AC issue or a vacuflush head issue or even the generator unit needed parts I could source them. So why is it they would put multi gauges (with Deutsch pin connectors no less) that are completely non serviceable or even available for replacement? Has anyone been able to find a solution for this please? I have looked for every possible solution and can only find 1 replacement gauge for $1,200.00  The Chaparral model I have uses 5 inch gauges (I have attached a picture), the issue I have is that none of the back lights work so they are not visible at night. Trim gauge is not working but that is probably not the instrument cluster. Any hep would be appreciated. Thank you all.

thumbnail_IMG_3694.jpg

The old wooden Mahogany speed boats still have ORIGINAL  working instrument gauges.

With NO  p m on them.

If we improve modern reliability any more than it is now.   It will be totally  useless.

Famous quote by old 1 eye.

How can we charge more money for less reliable products ?        :wub:

They did  /  still do have multi gauged instruments working in the woodies.  3 in 1 larger gauge was the norm.  Tach. oil pressure and water temperature.

My old 16' fish boat has had NO repairs to the gauges in it.  It has a under the dash overheat horn. Period.

14 hours ago, Carl D said:

So....As the proud owner of a "older" Chaparral " I have come to realize not all boats are created equal. This is the first time in my boating experience that I have come across a manufacture that did not consider that their boats would be around 10-15 maybe 20 years it seems....Why would a manufacture use a non serviceable component in their vessels? I have a 2005 Signature 310 that if I had a engine part failure I could get a replacement through Volvo, If I had a AC issue or a vacuflush head issue or even the generator unit needed parts I could source them. So why is it they would put multi gauges (with Deutsch pin connectors no less) that are completely non serviceable or even available for replacement? Has anyone been able to find a solution for this please? I have looked for every possible solution and can only find 1 replacement gauge for $1,200.00  The Chaparral model I have uses 5 inch gauges (I have attached a picture), the issue I have is that none of the back lights work so they are not visible at night. Trim gauge is not working but that is probably not the instrument cluster. Any hep would be appreciated. Thank you all.

thumbnail_IMG_3694.jpg

Does you engines use the J1939 protocol? If yes, that opens a very wide door! I would look into it.

My twin engine boat 2011 Sig 290 has a dual tech. They wanted $800 to replace it! For $175 I installed a J1939 to NEMA2k gateway. Noe I can read almost everything from my GPS OR I could install NMEA2k gauges.