No power to anything on Boat

I have a 2004 230 SSI.  Last had it out a couple days ago.  Went down to the dock tonight to take it out and there is no power to anything.  I have two batteries with a switch.  I checked all positions of the switch.  I checked the safety kill.  I moved the throttle back and forth and I also tried the lower unit trim switch at the back of the boat which works even when the battery switch is in the off position.  Nothing.  Troubleshooting advice would be most welcome.

1 minute ago, COL Rob said:

I have a 2004 230 SSI.  Last had it out a couple days ago.  Went down to the dock tonight to take it out and there is no power to anything.  I have two batteries with a switch.  I checked all positions of the switch.  I checked the safety kill.  I moved the throttle back and forth and I also tried the lower unit trim switch at the back of the boat which works even when the battery switch is in the off position.  Nothing.  Troubleshooting advice would be most welcome.

Check the batteries with a voltmeter to see if they are dead, maybe something was left on.

Ask me how I know.  Denny.

Thx for the feedback.  Plan to go through all those types of checks tomorrow.  We turn the battery switch off every time we are done with the boat for the day.  It was in the off position as it should be when we discovered the problem.  Thx.  Will also try to wire around the switch to see if that is the problem.  Maybe find a loose wire or something.  Just thought with the symptoms I had someone might have a solid set of troubleshooting steps to walk thru.

46 minutes ago, COL Rob said:

Thx for the feedback.  Plan to go through all those types of checks tomorrow.  We turn the battery switch off every time we are done with the boat for the day.  It was in the off position as it should be when we discovered the problem.  Thx.  Will also try to wire around the switch to see if that is the problem.  Maybe find a loose wire or something.  Just thought with the symptoms I had someone might have a solid set of troubleshooting steps to walk thru.

Could have been a weak battery to begin with or a charging problem...testing with a voltmeter will tell you if the problem is with the batteries or not. You are looking for 12.5-13v. If there is voltage, my bet is that it is a blown fuse at the starter or inline of the accessory circuit. If voltage is present and no fuses are blown (or the main engine circuit breaker is not tripped), I would replace the battery switch. Your problem most likely has a simple solution!