Randall Harbert

Beautiful Sunsets

My favorite way to end a great boating day is watch the sun slip away into the horizon flushing the sky with brilliant colors. My phone is loaded with Sunset pics and I would love to see some of yours...Happy Boating!

20200704_210749_resized.jpg

6 hours ago, drewm3i said:

And some old ones...boy I miss the Florida Keys...

DSCN3553.jpg

DSCN3567.jpg

DSCN3568.jpg

DSCN3569.jpg

DSCN3570.jpg

DSCN3571.jpg

DSCN3572.jpg

DSCN3574.jpg

DSCN3575.jpg

DSCN3577.jpg

What repair? What happened? And are you no longer in FL???

49 minutes ago, yogi799 said:

What repair? What happened? And are you no longer in FL???

Hey buddy,

below is the story with the current boat. The pictures from the Keys above were taken from my '99 Chap 2335 SS that we sold in December of 2016, before moving up to a Sea Ray 270 Sundancer which was a disaster and resulted in a full rebuild, and then we tried the liveaboard sailboat life on a 1987 Ericson 38-200, which wasn't for us despite the fact we wanted to explore distant locales in the Bahamas and Caribbean by boat.

We moved to Maryland in January for my graduate school, though we like it we will probably only be here for another year to 18 months before heading back to South Florida, probably for good. In January, we located what was my dream power boat--a Chaparral 2550 SX in Plattsburgh, NY. I grew up on an 1989 2100 SX (open bow version) and was always captivated by the SX series by Chap that was a very sporty, but very functional performance-light line of boats. In late May, we drove up to purchase it and have been refitting and restoring her ever since (mechanically--she was cosmetically mint). She truly is my dream boat in my favourite color and favourite layout which is why we went to the expense and effort to go up and get her. Here is that thread...to be honest I am a little surprised how few folks have responded LOL...seems like the old guard has moved on from this site.

7 hours ago, drewm3i said:

.seems like the old guard has moved on from this site.

that's for sure!

6 hours ago, Futzin' said:

that's for sure!

Hey, I found one! :D How's your boating season going bud?

On 7/20/2020 at 11:42 PM, drewm3i said:

Hey buddy,

below is the story with the current boat. The pictures from the Keys above were taken from my '99 Chap 2335 SS that we sold in December of 2016, before moving up to a Sea Ray 270 Sundancer which was a disaster and resulted in a full rebuild, and then we tried the liveaboard sailboat life on a 1987 Ericson 38-200, which wasn't for us despite the fact we wanted to explore distant locales in the Bahamas and Caribbean by boat.

We moved to Maryland in January for my graduate school, though we like it we will probably only be here for another year to 18 months before heading back to South Florida, probably for good. In January, we located what was my dream power boat--a Chaparral 2550 SX in Plattsburgh, NY. I grew up on an 1989 2100 SX (open bow version) and was always captivated by the SX series by Chap that was a very sporty, but very functional performance-light line of boats. In late May, we drove up to purchase it and have been refitting and restoring her ever since (mechanically--she was cosmetically mint). She truly is my dream boat in my favourite color and favourite layout which is why we went to the expense and effort to go up and get her. Here is that thread...to be honest I am a little surprised how few folks have responded LOL...seems like the old guard has moved on from this site.

Hey bud, i will definitely catch up on it! Yeah, my life has been a nightmare since last summer (divorce) so i had ZERO time or will to read anything, never went on the site unless i had some burning questions, and there were none of course during winter. Good thing is i was able to keep the boat after the divorce!!! LOL

Good luck with school and i will read the thread tonight!

On 7/21/2020 at 1:32 PM, drewm3i said:

Hey, I found one! :D How's your boating season going bud?

Pretty slow, actually.  Not much boating time as of yet.  We bought a small property near our favorite lake and have been working to get it ready to put our camper on it.

However, we go to Norris Lake, TN for a week this Saturday.  Tested negative for C-19 today, yay.  One woman in another family in our group tested positive, so they are out which stinks.  There are eight of them.  Another family bailed out instead of testing.  Now down to six of us, from 21 (assuming the remainder test negative that is).

Hope you get your ride where you want her soon!  Good to see ya back!

33 minutes ago, Futzin' said:

Pretty slow, actually.  Not much boating time as of yet.  We bought a small property near our favorite lake and have been working to get it ready to put our camper on it.

However, we go to Norris Lake, TN for a week this Saturday.  Tested negative for C-19 today, yay.  One woman in another family in our group tested positive, so they are out which stinks.  There are eight of them.  Another family bailed out instead of testing.  Now down to six of us, from 21 (assuming the remainder test negative that is).

Hope you get your ride where you want her soon!  Good to see ya back!

That's awesome about the new property! With c19, we just have to make the best of a bad situation...hope you have a good trip and post lots of pics LOL!

10 hours ago, yogi799 said:

Hey bud, i will definitely catch up on it! Yeah, my life has been a nightmare since last summer (divorce) so i had ZERO time or will to read anything, never went on the site unless i had some burning questions, and there were none of course during winter. Good thing is i was able to keep the boat after the divorce!!! LOL

Good luck with school and i will read the thread tonight!

Sorry to hear that, but at least you got to keep the boat and it's good to hear from you nonetheless!