Does anyone have a step by step how to for changing the impellor on a 2013 8.2 mag BIIIx with closed cooling.

I’ve  done it once and it kicked my tail.

My old 350 mags were simple.

This was a royal pain.

I burned up an impellor this weekend and have to tackle it.  Looking for advice before I get started.

Thanks in advance.

First Ice some beer or bourbon.

Then, I'd disconnect the hatch motor, then take out the batteries, cc tube and the side wall next to the engine. After that I would crawl in there to take it apart. 

To put it all back together I'd lay over the motor so I could use both hands to get it back together. PITA

Good Luck.

I hear you.  

What a PITA!!!  

I was hoping someone would have a magic solution to make it easier.

I have no idea why they would make something that has to be serviced so regularly so difficult to do.

SMH

Second thing I look at when I'm shopping, How easy or hard it will be to get in there. The SSx's with that side walkway really made getting to that side almost impossible.

I have changed my impeller on my 2016 Sunesta 8.2 mag via removing the cool fuel module. (No fun- it was very tight)  Now, I later had to change my water pump for the closed cooling system (which requires the removal of the crossover and heat exchanger) which was easy with the 2 aluminum braces removed near the gas tank.  I discovered that with the crossover and heat exchanger removed, the impeller can now be accessed. This will be my method of choice when I do the impeller again. The extra costs are only gaskets, bellows adhesive, parker lube and perfect seal, and of course Loctite.

Dennis