Sign in to follow this  
Allen

New Carburetor rebuild vs Wide open Throttle

Did anyone ever experience a change in WOT after replacing a carburetor with a rebuild? I got my idle issues now fixed, but now the boat will not go over 3500 rpms. Before changing out I had a bad idle but incredible power out of the hole and WOT at 4400-4600 rpm. 

It was a Weber 4 barrel change out, I now have a perfect idle but lacking the high end. The boat was totally tuned up a month ago,  and vacuum is 20 psi. 

I thinking the new rebuild has "Different jets" in it. I going to check operation for the secondaries as soon as I can get some assistance. 

What say you?

I have never had good results from rebuilds.  Now you know why I stopped using them 60 years ago on land equipment. I could get out or off of land vehicles.

Boats ?    NEVER a rebuilt item.   Boeing airplanes ?    

Like playing Russian Roulette,   With a fully loaded weapon

I figured it out. The choke was slightly closed and had the Secondaries locked out by the linkage. Now all have to do is find a place to order the thermostat choke coil on the intake manifold.

Thanks Boatman 609, Yes the Rancocas one of my favorite hide outs especially on the Weekends and Windy days.