Sign in to follow this  
JohnZ

VP 5.7 IAC Question

Anyone have any experience with the 2013 era VP 5.7 V8-300-C-A(AQ) where the IAC and the TPS are integral to the throttle body?  I am experience all the classic symptoms of a failed IAC - runs rough at idle speed, signs of running rich on the plugs & O2 sensors.  Seeing Pending Codes SPN-4239, 4238 & 4236 using a TechMate Pro   Have recently changed plugs & wires; next step is to try new PCV  Runs great at speed  My version indicates the IAC & TPS are not maintainable or repairable.  Other than swapping the throttle body from the other engine, any suggestions on how to nail down with certainty that it is the IAC - really don't want to shell out the 550 deer unless really necessary.  Any aftermarket rebuild kits that anyone knows of?

Another question - what are the proper mV readings for the O2 sensors that I should see on the scanner?  The sensors before the cat are not steady - one side is 745-750 mV and the other side is 870-880mV.  Both downstream of the cat read 1244mV

Thanks

My version indicates the IAC & TPS are not maintainable or repairable.  

I highly doubt that item is machined/made with the IAC and TPS already installed so that means someone had to install them.Remove the screws/bolts/rivets for replacements.

There either GM or Ford items

44 minutes ago, Bt Doctur said:

My version indicates the IAC & TPS are not maintainable or repairable.  

I highly doubt that item is machined/made with the IAC and TPS already installed so that means someone had to install them.Remove the screws/bolts/rivets for replacements.

There either GM or Ford items

I agree completely - electrical controls components on a machined housing have to be separate components put together by someone.  One of my troubles is finding the cross over part numbers to be able to make that change.  Frustrating since IAC are a fairly common failure item   Hoping someone has done this fix and can point me to a part number