I'm looking at purchasing a signature 310 or 330 and would appreciate any info owners could offer. Has anyone added a cockpit tv? Has anyone added an extended swim platform? Is maintenance higher on the starboard engine due to lack of space in the engine compartment? Any common problems. Storage seems lacking. Where does the cabin table top store? Is there storage under the bed and seat below the motorized backrest. I've also seen storage compartments on the sides of the v berth and at the head of the v berth as well as in the floor below the table. Do these spaces offer good storage? Is there room anywhere to store the optional gas grill? Looking for information on towing. Trailer weight, tongue weight, Trailer cost, etc. Thanks.

You really need to check out some of those boats with your list in hand & a camera & rate each item 1 to 10.  High numbered nice boat wins. With a good surveyor report. Hand him a copy of your needs to check out with you. 

Hey Sparker - I have the 2013 330

- Have not experienced upcharges on maintenance on the starboard engine, but will admit it is a PITA to get to the stbd side of it  Equally challenging to work on the generator

- Have not added a TV up top - don't really use the two down below much either.  Boat tends to be my escape  Phones and iPad get me to whatever news & weather I need

- You did pick up on one of the issues I do have with it - storage is a premium down below.  Not much hanging space at all  We tend to us the mid berth for storage more than anything else - it is only the two of us so it works.  As far as where to store the table, honestly, no idea, have never taken it down - always need it & use it.  The table for the mid cabin stows under the bench that is at the end of the forward berth.  That is the only storage under that seat.  And yes, there are some compartments under the forward berth - both under the mattress (small ones) as well as to the sides of the mattress.  There is a fairly large compartment in the floor - good for tools, spare life jackets and such.  And the storage in the galley is tight as well.  Overall, doable for an overnight or two in a marina or on the hook.  Going to be a challenge for that 2 week excursion down the Chesapeake Bay or the ICW to the Carolinas - those longer trips will definitely need to use the mid berth

- There is a spot specifically for the gas grill.  It is in the compartment where the shore power connection & swim shower head are located.  Seats nicely on a metal plate to keep it from rocking around.  The mounting pole stores in there as well

- Don't have an extended swim platform.  The one on mine is integral to the overall structure - not a bolt on

- I would doubt the 330 is trailer friendly - weight, beam and height will be challenges all around.  It is over 13,000 pounds, and 10'-8" above the waterline so add another 2' to the keel plus almost another 2' for the trailer.  Feels like a professional boat mover job. And likely a permit required load.  But can't say for sure as mine stays in the slip in the marina all season   This site will give you the trailer restrictions for each state  https://americanboating.org/towing.asp

All in all, I really like the boat (current port engine issue not withstanding).  For cruisers like this, the builder has to make a choice between area below and area in the cockpit up top.  Sea Ray and Formula tend to put their emphasis down below.  Chap is a little more balanced - a little more space up top and a little less down below.  If you were to make any mods on one you buy, I suggest considering the extended bimini over the cockpit.  Keeps the Mrs much more comfortable and happy

Good luck with you shopping

20 hours ago, JohnZ said:

Hey Sparker - I have the 2013 330

- Have not experienced upcharges on maintenance on the starboard engine, but will admit it is a PITA to get to the stbd side of it  Equally challenging to work on the generator

- Have not added a TV up top - don't really use the two down below much either.  Boat tends to be my escape  Phones and iPad get me to whatever news & weather I need

- You did pick up on one of the issues I do have with it - storage is a premium down below.  Not much hanging space at all  We tend to us the mid berth for storage more than anything else - it is only the two of us so it works.  As far as where to store the table, honestly, no idea, have never taken it down - always need it & use it.  The table for the mid cabin stows under the bench that is at the end of the forward berth.  That is the only storage under that seat.  And yes, there are some compartments under the forward berth - both under the mattress (small ones) as well as to the sides of the mattress.  There is a fairly large compartment in the floor - good for tools, spare life jackets and such.  And the storage in the galley is tight as well.  Overall, doable for an overnight or two in a marina or on the hook.  Going to be a challenge for that 2 week excursion down the Chesapeake Bay or the ICW to the Carolinas - those longer trips will definitely need to use the mid berth

- There is a spot specifically for the gas grill.  It is in the compartment where the shore power connection & swim shower head are located.  Seats nicely on a metal plate to keep it from rocking around.  The mounting pole stores in there as well

- Don't have an extended swim platform.  The one on mine is integral to the overall structure - not a bolt on

- I would doubt the 330 is trailer friendly - weight, beam and height will be challenges all around.  It is over 13,000 pounds, and 10'-8" above the waterline so add another 2' to the keel plus almost another 2' for the trailer.  Feels like a professional boat mover job. And likely a permit required load.  But can't say for sure as mine stays in the slip in the marina all season   This site will give you the trailer restrictions for each state  https://americanboating.org/towing.asp

All in all, I really like the boat (current port engine issue not withstanding).  For cruisers like this, the builder has to make a choice between area below and area in the cockpit up top.  Sea Ray and Formula tend to put their emphasis down below.  Chap is a little more balanced - a little more space up top and a little less down below.  If you were to make any mods on one you buy, I suggest considering the extended bimini over the cockpit.  Keeps the Mrs much more comfortable and happy

Good luck with you shopping

Thanks JohnZ. You've answered all of my questions. Appreciate your help.