Flip up bolster 2020 ssi 23

The ears on the plastic brackets on the flip up bolsters are breaking off.(first day on the water). The bolster is going back to far now. I know the dealer will replace it with a new one. But it will probably last only a day also. Does anyone know of a fix for this junk? 

36 minutes ago, Maxrider said:

The ears on the plastic brackets on the flip up bolsters are breaking off.(first day on the water). The bolster is going back to far now. I know the dealer will replace it with a new one. But it will probably last only a day also. Does anyone know of a fix for this junk? 

Junk is like stupid, you can't fix either one.

If they replace it with the same thing, ask what warranty they put on the replacement.

it is sad that we are a throw away world, it won't be long and they will remove the word quality from the dictionary.  Denny.

On 8/9/2020 at 7:40 PM, Denny said:

Junk is like stupid, you can't fix either one.

If they replace it with the same thing, ask what warranty they put on the replacement.

it is sad that we are a throw away world, it won't be long and they will remove the word quality from the dictionary.  Denny.

Yea I agree I’m not to impressed with the quality of this boat. It’s my first Chaparral and all I heard was how good they were built. For a 70k boat it’s no better quality than my friends 35k stingray to be honest with you. 

14 minutes ago, Raft-up said:

thanks. well that sucks that its made out of plastic now. talk about a part that is used every outing on the raft-up boat. is there an upgraded seat that can be switched? 

I’m trying to talk to the dealer first if that doesn’t work I will see if Chaparral will do something. 

Lets meet at Searay.  For a group buy next spring.  No   Meet on Jan 15  

What were they thinking ?  To design. Make dies / molds / use a  A I cutter table for a piece of crap ?  Why Chap is 70 bucks

2 minutes ago, cyclops2 said:

Lets meet at Searay.  For a group buy next spring.  No   Meet on Jan 15  

What were they thinking ?  To design. Make dies / molds / use a  A I cutter table for a piece of crap ?  Why Chap is 70 bucks

Lol this really takes the cake here. Maybe they will have a fix for it. My dealer sent it to Chaparral we will see what they say. 

I actually had the the starboard foam (I believe that is what it is called) break in half in the middle of the bolster of my 246 ssi.  Chap told the dealer to repair vs. replace.  The repair lasted about 30 seconds until I sat on it.  After arguing with dealer they finally ordered and replaced with a new bolster.  Not sure if Chap approved or if the dealer got tired of dealing with me...

5 minutes ago, willbaker13 said:

I actually had the the starboard foam (I believe that is what it is called) break in half in the middle of the bolster of my 246 ssi.  Chap told the dealer to repair vs. replace.  The repair lasted about 30 seconds until I sat on it.  After arguing with dealer they finally ordered and replaced with a new bolster.  Not sure if Chap approved or if the dealer got tired of dealing with me...

This is a design flaw. This will never work as they should have known being they have built boats for 50 years lol. We will see how they handle it. I will hope they will fix it right. I’m sure I’m not the only one having this issue. 

I made a post on the Chaparral H20/SSI Facebook page about this swat issue. Turns out anyone that’s used there seat bolster it has broken. Chaparral is gonna have to come up with a fix for this crap. I hope someone from the company reads this forum. This is just not fit for purpose bottomline. 

On 8/11/2020 at 10:00 AM, Maxrider said:

Yea I agree I’m not to impressed with the quality of this boat. It’s my first Chaparral and all I heard was how good they were built. For a 70k boat it’s no better quality than my friends 35k stingray to be honest with you. 

You should have surfed here before buying ... many threads about the @#$%@#ty quality of the entry level chaps.... just saying..

Never buy a new boat.

35 minutes ago, Maxrider said:

I made a post on the Chaparral H20/SSI Facebook page about this swat issue. Turns out anyone that’s used there seat bolster it has broken. Chaparral is gonna have to come up with a fix for this crap. I hope someone from the company reads this forum. This is just not fit for purpose bottomline. 

If they do not fix it you can try and make one out of aluminum, is not to hard to work with, as long as you have the part to copy.

9 hours ago, Phillbo said:

You should have surfed here before buying ... many threads about the @#$%@#ty quality of the entry level chaps.... just saying..

Never buy a new boat.

70k isn’t what I call a cheap boat. And I see people having problems with all these Chaparrals these days no matter the model. I am thinking they are all pieces of @#$%@#. 

10 hours ago, Cleaver said:

See if they can upgrade you to the extra super husky edition helm seat.  That is where they remove the seat and install a treadmill and 6 month dietary program.

I guess they will have to upgrade all of us ssi owners. We all are having the same issue phuckstick. 

On 8/11/2020 at 4:41 PM, Maxrider said:

Here is what I’m dealing with. Who in there right mind thought this would hold 200+ pound men. 

15CF3CA8-E5C2-414E-BF19-0000BFCFE582.jpeg

28F95187-9218-46A3-ABC0-A259925A09ED.jpeg

098A63EB-2AD8-457B-9D81-556CEF38A0F1.jpeg

Not sure,  but the ones on my 2014 SSI are significantly beefier than that!! 

2 hours ago, Maxrider said:

I guess they will have to upgrade all of us ssi owners. We all are having the same issue phuckstick. 

Mine work just fine.  I upgraded my old seats last year to the newer flip up seats because I liked the comfort and swivel slide levers.  BTW, if you ever find a decent date that can overlook what a shifty person you are, you can stop using a stick.