Nav Bow Light flash - issues.

2014 246 SSI Nav light issue.  Please help.  Hideaway light (flip up). 

When I flip the switch down the anchor light does come on, when I flip the switch up the anchor light stays on but the bow light flashes and then goes off and stays off.  I have tested the light by removing it and connecting it to pigtails and a battery - works fine.  I have tested the switch with a meter and the switch works fine.  I have tested the plug at the light and it works fine.  Once I plug the light in and activate the Nav light, get the flash - remove the light from the plug an test the plug I have nothing...  

I put pigtails on the switch directly to the light -same flash, then nothing... I'm seriously confused...please offer suggestions 

I think there is a Mercury type of element in the light that de activates the current when the light is flipped over(hidden). Maybe your issues are related to that. The main thing is that it comes on when needed.

19 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

Do BOTH LIGHTS GO Out ?   If yes then a circuit Breaker is going. Is this a very new problem in a new boat ?

Yes, Both lights go out at the same time. 2014 - new to me so I do not know if its a new or old problem. 

18 hours ago, Iggy said:

run a temp wire from the switch to the light. Does the same thing happen? If not, run a new wire and kill the old one. At lest that will tell you that the wire is good or bad. 

18 hours ago, Iggy said:

run a temp wire from the switch to the light. Does the same thing happen? If not, run a new wire and kill the old one. At lest that will tell you that the wire is good or bad. 

I did run a temp wire - same thing happens