Sign in to follow this  
Richsignature330

Signature 330 radar arch access plate

Fellow Chaparral owners,

I am having a difficult time locating a replacement  metal access plate  for the underside of my radar arch.  The dealer who stored my boat “misplaced“ it after taking it off to drop my radar.  I have called a few dealers and scoured the internet. No luck.  It doesn’t have a part number listed in the manual.  Any suggestions? 

07BFDDE2-EC2E-4BC4-8E01-622A6A6F46B9.jpeg

Dealer is going to replace it if they can find it.  I am just helping the process along to expedite it.  Hard to find at this point when Chaparral doesn’t even have a part number for it.  They may just have to manufacture one.  
Thanks

20 hours ago, Richsignature330 said:

Fellow Chaparral owners,

I am having a difficult time locating a replacement  metal access plate  for the underside of my radar arch.  The dealer who stored my boat “misplaced“ it after taking it off to drop my radar.  I have called a few dealers and scoured the internet. No luck.  It doesn’t have a part number listed in the manual.  Any suggestions? 

07BFDDE2-EC2E-4BC4-8E01-622A6A6F46B9.jpeg

Besides the obvious question as to why isn't the place that lost it being responsible and finding you a replacement, how handy are you?  Those aluminum plates are VERY easy to fabricate.  The only difference is you would have to drill new holes in other areas because lining up the same holes is super difficult.  It can be done. but it would take me an hour to explain the procedure to you and you risk ruining the plate, whereas new holes would be much better.  Or have it fabricated at a metal shop.  Nothing to it, really.

Thanks for the link on the pvc screw downs.  Should prob work.  
Thanks for the link on the starboard, another good option.

Thanks for the suggestion on the aluminum fabrication.  Pretty handy but might not be worth the effort at this point with the other two suggestions.

Thanks for the responses!

On 8/22/2020 at 8:48 PM, Iggy said:

Make one out of starboard?

+1  Mine is made of starboard, not metal

1 hour ago, JohnZ said:

+1  Mine is made of starboard, not metal

Yours is a whole different type and set up.  It's a top that is mostly made of fiberglass filled with foam and things like that.  The OP's is like mine, the older style radar arches which were made of hollowed aluminum and powder-coated finish.  I've taken that cover off many times (first time like in the pics below was just being inquisitive come to find out the nav light was leaking) but also to snake wires for my new radio antenna and other things.  Previous owner even left a snake to use as a guide.  But he can use whatever he likes lol.  Does starboard even come this thin?  Any metal fabricating shop could make one of these.

j3SYArM.jpg

gv28zqF.jpg

X7OPcBE.jpg

tmPVgSh.jpg