Sign in to follow this  
Last Cast

No AC power onboard

Hello,

I have a 2006 Sig 290 and  recently have lost AC power onboard via Shore Connection or Generator.

What are some key items to check for the trouble?  Galvanic Circuit? ????

Any experienced insights are appreciated!

BR,

Dan

1 hour ago, drewm3i said:

Sounds like a tripped breaker.

Could be?? Differently not the galvanic isolator, thats only connected to ground

Remove your shore power cord first. Then Turn each circuit breaker fully off. Then turn it back on. Reconnect the shore power cable.  Check all the Main circuit breakers for being tripped. Some ONLY move a SMALL AMOUNT from the full on position. 

you should always connect shore power with the breaker turned to off in the outside electric box and the breakers turned to off inside the boat in the panel, once shore power is connected properly then turn on breaker in outside box then go into cabin, turning on the power breaker first and then each individual breaker, never hook up shore power with electric on

Do you have a shore power switch like this one? Is the green light blinking? Sometimes when I come back to the boat mine is blinking but there is no power. I turn everything off, dock post and galley and re-connect, hit the breaker and when the green light is steady the shore power is on. Not sure what this means but hope this helps...

2013 chap 270 shore power breaker.JPG

Thanks for the insights!  I did some further investigating and there is a Circuit Breaker underneath the Shore Connection on the back of the boat that had been turned off.  The Marina  doing service on the Generator had switched it off and did not reset it when returning the boat.  This breaker is not shown in the manual!  It is also covered and looks like another plug connection.

All is well and functioning now!