1991 Chaparral 1900sl water leak issue

Hi Guys,

I have a 1991 Chaparral 1900sl that I just purchased locally. We took it today for the first time, & tried to launch it. Unfortunately we had water coming in, so we didn’t fully launch. After we pulled the boat out of the water, we noticed water in the middle storage compartment. We have no clue where or how water could even get into that part of the boat. (SEE PHOTO) 

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions on how we can figure out how to source a leak when they are no visible cracks or anything on the hull of the boat? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. 

-Ev 

9CB0C4B6-332F-4203-AFE2-CCA484912CA2.jpeg

On 8/29/2020 at 12:29 PM, Ballaev said:

Hi Guys,

I have a 1991 Chaparral 1900sl that I just purchased locally. We took it today for the first time, & tried to launch it. Unfortunately we had water coming in, so we didn’t fully launch. After we pulled the boat out of the water, we noticed water in the middle storage compartment. We have no clue where or how water could even get into that part of the boat. (SEE PHOTO) 

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions on how we can figure out how to source a leak when they are no visible cracks or anything on the hull of the boat? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. 

-Ev 

9CB0C4B6-332F-4203-AFE2-CCA484912CA2.jpeg

On 8/29/2020 at 3:08 PM, Fishstick said:

Did you forget to check to see if the plug was in? 

Just from the video, guessing the plug wasn't in.

The plug was definitely in, but we did notice it was leaking around the seal. That was problem #1. But we don’t know why there is water filling in the middle floor compartment. Is that suppose to get water into that area if the drain plug is leaking? I’m a total newb to boating.