On 8/29/2020 at 6:14 PM, Bt Doctur said:

And the question is?

Does anyone know why the center floor compartment is getting water into it? We fixed the drain plug issue, but don’t know why water is filling in that area. 

On 9/2/2020 at 9:23 AM, SG Boater said:

Bottom of the ski locker is usually above the actual floor of the boat.  Is there water in the bilge such that it is deep enough to start filling the ski locker?

Yes! There are 2 small spaces where water from the bilge area is getting up under the ski locker. It seems to be made that way, so we weren’t concerned, until our plug failed.

We have fixed the plug issue, so I want to know if it’s normal to have water in the ski locker area at all?? There is a small drain hole in the bottom of the ski locker that the water is coming up through from the under part of the boat via the bilge area. We put a small plug in that hole now, but I am uncertain if that is suppose to be that way or not. 

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.  We are such first timers, we want to be safe and not sink the boat. 

On 9/3/2020 at 1:29 PM, SG Boater said:

There shouldn't be enough water in the bilge for it to backfill into the ski locker.  Your problem isn't related to the ski locker.  Your problem is why is so much water in my bilge.

Well, we have now corrected the water in bilge area issue. The drain plug seal was malfunctioning, so we replaced that. I’m hoping that was the main issue with water filling into the ski locker and no further problems arise. We won’t know until we drop it in the water again. 

Water can travel for miles :D  I had a leak through the zips on one part of the canopy that was coming down the dashboard, across the floor, behind the seats, into one corner of the bedroom and into the bilge. It only happened when the rain came from the North onto the canopy in a certain way, and as soon as it stopped the flow dried up, just leaving a wet bed and bilge. Took me weeks to sort :D:D

On 9/8/2020 at 3:06 PM, Ballaev said:

Well, we have now corrected the water in bilge area issue. The drain plug seal was malfunctioning, so we replaced that. I’m hoping that was the main issue with water filling into the ski locker and no further problems arise. We won’t know until we drop it in the water again. 

I guess as long as there is no water in the ski locker, no problem, then, heh?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2020 at 4:41 PM, Cris Nauta said:

I guess as long as there is no water in the ski locker, no problem, then, heh?

Actually no. We just discovered the cable bellow is blown & leaking an ridiculous amount of water into the bilge.No wonder why the ski locker was filling lol. 

Off to the mechanic she goes. 

2 hours ago, Ballaev said:

Actually no. We just discovered the cable bellow is blown & leaking an ridiculous amount of water into the bilge.No wonder why the ski locker was filling lol. 

Off to the mechanic she goes. 

Sorry, I was being my sarcastic self. Glad you found it.